Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!

Thanks! And I don't owe a dime on any of those cards!!! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 41 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to correct this post since those aren't the maximum limits at least in 2014 for many of those personal (not business/corporate) cards. I've verified the max limit on ANY GECRB/Sync card is $35,000 as a benchmark. With that said I've verified these are the highest anyone on the planet has received at least that I've verified online over 100's of hours of researching on dozens of different forums, blog and websites.

Walmart store only card - $25,000 MAX limit

Walmart Discover card - $35,000 MAX limit

PayPal Mastercard - $35,000 MAX limit

Amazon store only card - $18,000 MAX limit (unconfirmed urban legend report of $30K limit)

Amazon Visa card - $18,000 MAX limit (haven't seen higher, but my guess its $20K+)

Bill Me Later (now called PayPal Credit) $5,645 MAX limit (haven't seen higher yet)

Lowe's store only card - $35,000 MAX limit

Home Depot store only card (not part of GECRB/Sync & backed by Citi) $22,000 MAX limit (haven't seen higher, but my guess is it's at least $25K+).
Care Credit card- $15,000 (haven't seen higher yet)

ALL of these GECRB/Sync cards (except Home Depot card) are 100% soft pulls (SP) if you're asking for a CLI. Regardless of what state you live in, but if you DON'T have any of these cards you will get a hard pull (HP) the first and only time you apply please understand.

Now I've only read or heard of two different credit line (CL) numbers on the maximum exposure GECRB/Synchrony will give out to anyone person with all there credit cards combined CL's. That is $100K or $120K, I have not read anywhere any other numbers but those so far.

These above cards/CL's are the only GECRB/Synchrony cards I care about increasing CL on or actually getting those cards.

I don't track CL limits on clothing, gas or other GECRB/Synchrony cards like Dillards, JCPennys, Old Navy, Chevon/Texaco, Discount Tire, Dick's Sporting Goods, Banana Republic, GAP, Ashley Furniture, American Eagle, Lumber Liquidators, Men's Wearhouse, Sam's Club, TJ Maxx and World Market.

If anyone has a HIGHER credit limit on any of the above lines, please message (PM) me or reply to this post so I can update this post every week/month.

**This post will be updated daily/weekly/monthly to have the most up to date CL max info on these cards.** 

**Last updated 9/19/14**

Hope that helps everyone.

CreditLuv

Message 42 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome update. Thanks!

Are all of these CLI requests SP? I thought Home Depot was an HP?
Message 43 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I stated on the post, Home Depot is NOT backed by GECRB/Synchrony it is backed by Citi and it IS a hard pull I believe on any CLI with them.

But it's ALWAYS just a soft pull (SP) on ANY GECRB/Synchrony card CLI request. HP when you apply with them of course, but SP on CLI.

Message 44 of 55
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

My Amazon store card is at $18k.
Message 45 of 55
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to correct this post since those aren't the maximum limits at least in 2014 for many of those cards. I've verified the max limit on ANY GECRB/Sychrony card is $35,000 as a benchmark. With that said I've verified these are the highest anyone on the planet has received at least that I've verified online over 100's of hours of researching on dozens of forums, blog and websites.

Walmart store only card - $25,000 MAX limit

Walmart Discover card - $35,000 MAX limit

PayPal Mastercard - $35,000 MAX limit

Amazon store only card - $15,000 MAX limit (unconfirmed report of $30K limit)

Amazon Visa card - $17,000 MAX limit (haven't seen higher, but my guess its $20K-$35K)

Bill Me Later (now called PayPal Credit) $5,645 MAX limit (haven't seen higher yet)

Lowe's store only card - $25,000 MAX limit (haven't seen or verified anyone over that $$$ yet, but hoping it's $35K limit)

Home Depot (not part of GECRB/Sychrony & backed by Citi) $22,000 MAX limit (haven't seen higher, but my guess is it's at least $25K or more).

These above cards/CL's are the only GECRB/Synchrony cards I care about increasing CL on or actually getting those cards.

So I don't track CL limits on clothing, gas or other GECRB/Sychrony cards like Dillards, JCPennys, Old Navy, Chevon/Texaco, Discount Tire, Dick's Sporting Goods, Banana Republic, GAP, Ashley Furniture, American Eagle, Lumber Liquidators, Men's Wearhouse, Sam's Club, TJ Maxx, World Market or Care Credit.

If anyone has a HIGHER credit limit on any of the above lines, please message me so I can update this post every month.

Hope that helps everyone.

Excellent research. While it is true that no one may have exceeded that limit as you had mentioned. Speaking with Synchrony's underwriting about TJ Maxx (don't know about others) I was told that there is "no max" policy exists at all in the company. I was doing my CLI recon (my limit was $10K and I was asking $20K). I was approved for what I had asked (manual SP review) and my limit is now $20K. It is possible that the way cards are designed, there would be max, it just probably few in the company are aware of?    

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 46 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@So you have a $20,000 CL with TJ Maxx?  Smiley Surprised

I assume that's the TJ Maxx credit card not the TJ Maxx store only card right?

Actually CSR's and UW are pretty clueless, being a x-banking consultant I used to train these types of people at banks/credit unions on upselling things. I have read hundreds of posts where the CSR/UW all say the max's on GECRB/Sync cards are $10K-$15K and we all know that's not even close to true. Anything underwriters tell you I would take with a grain of salt and use that salt with a tequila shot! Smiley Happy

The REAL proof are on the boards like this when actual boots on the ground people can verify things with first hand knowledge. I only wish people showed more proof like screenshots of before and after of CL's and credit scores. I know some do, but 95% don't and I think because they don't know how to use basic computer tools like screen capture and Skitch to block out all there private info on the screenshots is why they don't do it. 

If MyFico allows links I will shoot a screen capture video for everyone and show them how easy it is to do screenshots. I'm just a very jaded and skeptical SOB, so just because someone on a forum says they have xyz credit line doesn't mean there telling the truth. Why would people lie about this you say? Ego stroke, warm fuzzies, positive comments toward them from others.

People in this world are totally bat sh%t crazy, sociopaths (estimated between 2%-5% of the population), psychopaths and those are mostly my relatives. Smiley Embarassed

CL

Message 47 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

have a winner.  Smiley Tongue

I'll go change the new max to $18K. I've heard urban legend of $30,000 CL on Amazon store only card but haven't verified it yet. Thanks so much for the info.

Message 48 of 55
dilettante
Established Contributor

I don't think my Banana Republic Luxe Visa is the highest BR Visa on here but I can tell you that when I upgraded from the store card to the Visa at the end of last year, the limit they instantly approved for was 25k.  I didn't ask for it and was a little surprised at the limit since the store card was at $4900 (initial limit was $3000 with auto cli's every year) when it was upgraded.  The big jump could've been due to a higher reported income since I first opened the card or they were trying to compete against my other high limit store card which is Saks that is at 20k now.

Message 49 of 55
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@s_haliz So you have a $20,000 CL with TJ Maxx?  Smiley Surprised

I assume that's the TJ Maxx credit card not the TJ Maxx store only card right?

Actually CSR's and UW are pretty clueless, being a x-banking consultant I used to train these types of people at banks/credit unions on upselling things. I have read hundreds of posts where the CSR/UW all say the max's on GECRB/Sync cards are $10K-$15K and we all know that's not even close to true. Anything underwriters tell you I would take with a grain of salt and use that salt with a tequila shot! Smiley Happy

The REAL proof are on the boards like this when actual boots on the ground people can verify things with first hand knowledge. I only wish people showed more proof like screenshots of before and after of CL's and credit scores. I know some do, but 95% don't and I think because they don't know how to use basic computer tools like screen capture and Skitch to block out all there private info on the screenshots is why they don't do it. 

If MyFico allows links I will shoot a screen capture video for everyone and show them how easy it is to do screenshots. I'm just a very jaded and skeptical SOB, so just because someone on a forum says they have xyz credit line doesn't mean there telling the truth. Why would people lie about this you say? Ego stroke, warm fuzzies, positive comments toward them from others.

People in this world are totally bat sh%t crazy, sociopaths (estimated between 2%-5% of the population), psychopaths and those are mostly my relatives. Smiley Embarassed

CL

============
Yes it is a Credit Card (Platinum Master Card) and not the store only card. My initial limit was $5,000 when I had opened up (to get $200 off merchandise worth $1,000) in 2010. Then i think within 6 months or so I got Auto CLI to $10,000 limit. Since then I never bothered. However few weeks back I had realized that I need to bump CL since this is my lowest CL card. So first I did it through Rep. to increase from $10,000 to $20,000 and I was denied. The letter did not specify any reason (like your score is low, utilization is high, not enough use, high total CL, high number of inquiries, etc.). All it stated was this: We are not able to assign the credit line you requested beacuse it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows. 

This made me more upset and I had decided to call them back and to speak to credit department. The lady was very nice. I had asked her that are you aware of any such policy of max CL on this CC. She said no. You can request any amount you want! I stick to my original request of $20K. She asked my income and waited about 40 seconds and boom!! I was approved!!! It is reflected in my signature as well.   

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.