Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 220
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!


OnTheRebound wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.


That would shock me if $10k is max... that doesn't come close to Home Depot!


YMMV


12,500 on my Lowes, I'll go for more in a few months and see what happens

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,676
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!


Creditaddict wrote:

OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.


That would shock me if $10k is max... that doesn't come close to Home Depot!


Whats the max on Home Depot that you have heard?




Epic Contributor
Posts: 27,426
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!


CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.


That would shock me if $10k is max... that doesn't come close to Home Depot!


Whats the max on Home Depot that you have heard?


I use to have $15,900. I believe I have seen the figure around $25k before but not for sure.

Fico Scores 8: EX 718. TU 699. EQ 658. 11/10/2015
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,676
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!


Creditaddict wrote:

CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.


That would shock me if $10k is max... that doesn't come close to Home Depot!


Whats the max on Home Depot that you have heard?


I use to have $15,900. I believe I have seen the figure around $25k before but not for sure.


Are you a big spender there?




Epic Contributor
Posts: 27,426
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!


CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.


That would shock me if $10k is max... that doesn't come close to Home Depot!


Whats the max on Home Depot that you have heard?


I use to have $15,900. I believe I have seen the figure around $25k before but not for sure.


Are you a big spender there?


Card opened in 2005 with $5k I believe and charged $3700 that day I think. after 6 months they gave auto CLI in the $9k range (original charge was on 12 months $0 and most months I paid nothing, until end and PIF before 0% ended) I think at that point it was auto CL to $12,400 if I remember correctly and then it sat unused, they sent letter saying had not shopped in a while please come in, here is a 10% but if you don't shop within next 3 months we will close the account. Went in and bought paper towels I think it was... when statement arrived it had note on statement saying congrats we are increasing the CL to the $15,900! I never asked for increases.

Fico Scores 8: EX 718. TU 699. EQ 658. 11/10/2015
Regular Contributor
Posts: 220
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!

Although not specifically directed towards me - for questions on usage...

 

As I said a few messages ago my Lowes is at $12,500 - DW has a Lowes at $10,000 - we have not tried for any CLI on her card for quite a while - We run $15,000 or so a year through the pair of them on 0% promos.

 

For Home Depot - DW has $20K limit and mine is $16,500 -  between the two cards we run $25-$30 through them each year -- again on 0% promos.

 

On all four cards we just keep "recycling" Promo balances - never paid a dime on interest. We also play Depot and Lowes off each other - it seems one will often have a 12-18 months promo going when the other doesn't. They will match the competitors Promo in store! Because of the Promos we generally have balances ranging from $2,000 - $10,000 on each card most all of the time.

 

So I guess for us that would be heavy spending on both Depot and Lowes - I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that has something to do with the limits we've ended up with. I hope some of that info is useful...

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,676
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!


Creditaddict wrote:

CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.


That would shock me if $10k is max... that doesn't come close to Home Depot!


Whats the max on Home Depot that you have heard?


I use to have $15,900. I believe I have seen the figure around $25k before but not for sure.


Are you a big spender there?


Card opened in 2005 with $5k I believe and charged $3700 that day I think. after 6 months they gave auto CLI in the $9k range (original charge was on 12 months $0 and most months I paid nothing, until end and PIF before 0% ended) I think at that point it was auto CL to $12,400 if I remember correctly and then it sat unused, they sent letter saying had not shopped in a while please come in, here is a 10% but if you don't shop within next 3 months we will close the account. Went in and bought paper towels I think it was... when statement arrived it had note on statement saying congrats we are increasing the CL to the $15,900! I never asked for increases.


Not bad at all. I use Lowes more around here but we have HD also. Who issues the HD card?




Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎08-05-2009
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!


CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.


That would shock me if $10k is max... that doesn't come close to Home Depot!


Whats the max on Home Depot that you have heard?


I use to have $15,900. I believe I have seen the figure around $25k before but not for sure.


Are you a big spender there?


Card opened in 2005 with $5k I believe and charged $3700 that day I think. after 6 months they gave auto CLI in the $9k range (original charge was on 12 months $0 and most months I paid nothing, until end and PIF before 0% ended) I think at that point it was auto CL to $12,400 if I remember correctly and then it sat unused, they sent letter saying had not shopped in a while please come in, here is a 10% but if you don't shop within next 3 months we will close the account. Went in and bought paper towels I think it was... when statement arrived it had note on statement saying congrats we are increasing the CL to the $15,900! I never asked for increases.


Not bad at all. I use Lowes more around here but we have HD also. Who issues the HD card?


Citi

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 485
Registered: ‎02-17-2008
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!

I have more gemb card then I need..lol

PayPal MC 15k
Brooks MC. 10k
Walmart DC. 10k
Tjmaxx. MC. 4k

Also have more. but these are the visa, mc and discover.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎07-26-2011
0

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!


CS800 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.


That would shock me if $10k is max... that doesn't come close to Home Depot!


Whats the max on Home Depot that you have heard?


My Home Depot is currently at 22k. We asked for that much when doing reno to take advantage of the 18 month no interest. 


Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.