cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB PayPal Smart Connect Card (Customer Service)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB PayPal Smart Connect Card (Customer Service)

So I called and requested a CLI on my PayPal Card and was declined what I asked for, but counteroffered.

I get a letter in the mail today saying the reasons for decline for CLI are as follows:

1. Present or past delinquency on trades

2.number of months since last delinquency is too recent.

I called GEMB and spoke to a Credit Manager who says this is the info that they got from TU, I told him my reports (ALL OF THEM) are perfectly clean, GEMB must have made a mistake, he told me "Oh no, we have the correct info, you need to contact TU and dispute the negative info" I said listen man, I am holding a TU report from 6/6/11 (yes from today) and it shows no negative accts, oh and how can I have a 797 FICO if I have negatives????????????

I also called TU before I called GEMB and the TU rep pulled my report and said, "Sir you have no negatives on your report, I'd call GEMB back and argue with them, tell them to tell you what negatives they are seeing" I told her I did all that and the guy kept going on about how the TU report they have for me is accurate and I need to call TU and dispute.

He told me to mail in a copy of my TU report to GEMB's FCRA (that's GEMB's Credit Bureau Dept I assume) and he gave me the address.

This guy was so smug and rude, I would have punched him right in his throat if I could have!

At this point I do not want GEMB's lousy CLI, I'll keep the 620CL and forget about it.

I wasted over an hour on the phone with this guy, who by the way knew EVERYTHING about credit, telling me "You can not get a credit report from MyFico, all you get there is a Fico score" Really????? Are you kidding me right now I asked him. I almost lost it and told him that he's the biggest idiot I've ever talked to, however, I kept my composure (somewhat) and said thanks for your time and hung up.

I'm not wasting my time with this any further.

Just needed to vent.

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB PayPal Smart Connect Card (Customer Service)

go ahead and mail in the paperwork

WITH A FULL DESCRIPTION of your discussion

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have gotten 3 credit line increases so far... all through the website and all instant. i started at 300 and now i am at 1100.... not sure why your doign it over the phone?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh ..... yeah.

I guess I should add that I have a CL with them as well lol

Message 4 of 5
ontop
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Just simply wait for the hard copy from TU send to your home and throw it back to them to prove your innocent Smiley Happy . The last time I got the hard copy from TU for myself, it actually contains a more lengthy details in comparison with what I saw here in myfico, though.
Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.