Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB Preapprovals after paid.

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

GEMB Preapprovals after paid.

I recently paid off my $6000 Honda card through GEMB.  Can I expect preapprovals from them now?  I'd love to see Lowes card come my way.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB Preapprovals after paid.

Why not just apply for one, especially if you have a good payment history with them?
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 2 of 7
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Changingmantra wrote:
Why not just apply for one, especially if you have a good payment history with them?

I just opened three new accounts.  I want to lay low for a bit, mostly because one of the cards was Amex.  Don't want to rock the boat early with a bunch of new accounts that will just lower my Fico.  I'm upgrading a new home so Lowes or Home Depot are at the top of the list now.   I guess the preapprovals are a way to get a feel for how I stand with them.  I'm constantly reading about people getting preapprovals with Home Depot especially.  I haven't seen one.

Message Edited by UpNComing on 05-06-2008 07:19 AM
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 3 of 7
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

I didn't start getting preapps from Home Depot until after I had a regular Citi card. Since you already have an "in" with GEMB, I wouldn't be surprised if they started sending preapps your way, especially if you have a good history with them.
Message 4 of 7
rj2311
Valued Member

I first started with GEMB in 12/06 with PayPal.  Have been paying promptly every month and have had
my CL raised twice.
In January, I applied online for the WalMart CC and got approved online instantly. 

Finally, about a month ago, I got a prepproval in the mail for JCP.  I went online and was instantly
approved!
And then today, I got a preapproval in the mail for Lowe's!
So, I guess I must be on GEMB's good boy list!!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello UpNcoming, I have never received a pre-approval for lowes I applied in store got instant approval for the store card.However I did get a pre-approval for the Home Depot card at the time I did not respond to the offer later I applied in store it too was an instant approval.Here"s the thing I also have a Sears gold MC since 05 both of the cards are thru Cit Financial I have not received one offer for any other Citi Card. I have real good FICO"s and I did not opt out for other Citi offers WTH is up with that. BTW almost forgot no newbie offers from Lowes either? Credit 08

Message Edited by credit08 on 05-24-2008 05:15 PM
Message 6 of 7
heirophant
Established Contributor

I got a Care Credit card back in September 07.  I got luv from them with a CLI from 1K to 2K, then I got a preapproval for Lowes in april and accepted for $800 CL and a JC Penney preapproval just last week.  I'm sure they will come your way.  I wonder if accepting the preapproval prompted another preapproval from them.  Interestingly, DW got a JC Penney preapproval on the same day and doesn't even have a GE account and never has.  Gotta wonder if they didn't preapprove me, then ask the CB if anyone else who qualifies lives at the same address.  Just a thought.  Does anyone else in your household have a GE account?
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.