Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB Product Change.

tag
voidman
Established Contributor

GEMB Product Change.

Did any one attempt changing one store card to another that are backed by GEMB? I am thinking of swtiching my mervyns card to Chevron card.

Thanks.

-void
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB Product Change.

i'm not sure you could do that without a new app if i am understanding you correctly.
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 10
voidman
Established Contributor

yeah, that is logical but i was wondering if anyone has attempted doing it and succeeded without burning an inquiry.
-void
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, the answer is NO, they don't do product changes.
Message 4 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

from what i understand they do not offer product changes on their cards Smiley Sad
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@voidman wrote:

Did any one attempt changing one store card to another that are backed by GEMB? I am thinking of swtiching my mervyns card to Chevron card.

Thanks.

I was going to close wal-mart or combine with chevron and i was told thats not possible.

Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

They might not normally allow product changes, but it might be different since this card is being orphaned.

I'd keep asking. Although really, this is something that they should have some sort of precedent for!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 10
voidman
Established Contributor

Thanks htsu, I will try sometime this week.
-void
Message 8 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

I just posted this on the thread about the Mervyns card:

Please understand that a Mervyns credit card account cannot be converted to an account offered by GE Money Bank for another merchant. To receive an account for another retailer, please submit an application for that retailer. Most merchants offer applications in store and online.

Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You know, there's a reason why I don't like GEMB. Smiley Mad

Other banks do this routinely. This is shoddy, terrible "service" by GEMB.

eta: "this" as in offering a replacement card.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-18-2008 03:35 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.