Frequent Contributor
sunnyday

GEMB Strikes Again

Well it happened again.  I paid my Sams Card off and GEMB reduced my credit line to 100.00.  First it was my Paypal credit now Sams Club.  The strange thing about this is GEMB increased my credit limit on my JC Penneys last week.  Now the 100.00 credit line at Sams is useless to me.  My shopping trips to Sams Club are always 200.00 or more.  I do not understand why they are doing this to people that have accounts in good standing.  It looks like I will not be shopping there anymore.  I'm just curious as to how many others they have done this to lately.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: GEMB Strikes Again

sunnyday wrote:
Well it happened again.  I paid my Sams Card off and GEMB reduced my credit line to 100.00.  First it was my Paypal credit now Sams Club.  The strange thing about this is GEMB increased my credit limit on my JC Penneys last week.  Now the 100.00 credit line at Sams is useless to me.  My shopping trips to Sams Club are always 200.00 or more.  I do not understand why they are doing this to people that have accounts in good standing.  It looks like I will not be shopping there anymore.  I'm just curious as to how many others they have done this to lately.

There are no across the board policies with GEMB. Each CC is separately managed and sets its own policies.
Senior Contributor
txjohn

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

sunnyday wrote:

There are no across the board policies with GEMB. Each CC is separately managed and sets its own policies.

OP - my condolences on the CLD's.   

CWCIS - I wonder if this may not always be the case (separation of accounts)?  I ask because when I was approved for CareCredit, I called in and asked for a CLI.  While on the phone with CSR, she found and asked me about my Rooms to Go GEMB account.  Ultimately she approved my CLI.

On the other hand, where GEMB gave me over $20k between CareCredit and Rooms to Go, for JCPenney I only got $350 and declined a CLI.  So this seems to support the "separation" because the CLI denial reason was "not enough experience with this account at current CL"

These are my only GEMB accounts and all are new.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

I said each CC is separately managed and sets its own policies. I didn't say they don't know about each other.
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

Did you carry a balance with them for a long period of time?

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
ExcellCR

each CC is separately managed and sets its own policies.

Is Paypal MC separate from lets say their net rewards MC though they're both MC?
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

ExcellCR wrote:

Is Paypal MC separate from lets say their net rewards MC though they're both MC?

This is the only CC I see that PayPal offers:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing_CommandDriven/general/PPPlusCC-outside&chann...

Regular Contributor
ExcellCR

ExcellCR wrote:

This is the only CC I see that PayPal offers:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing_CommandDriven/general/PPPlusCC-outside&chann...

Sorry. What I meant was is the GEMB Paypal MC separate from the GEMB general purpose net rewards MC even though they're both MCs? Or is it just store cards are separate from MCs?
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

[ Edited ]

Every program is administered separately. I believe those would be separate programs.

Think of it as Macy's and Citi. Macy's cards are Citi products, but administered by DSNB.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-10-2009 02:39 PM
Super Contributor
DI

I will never apply for any GEMB products. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}