cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB/Synchrony Store Card to Visa Upgrade - Hard or Soft Pull?

tag
Zark419

GEMB/Synchrony Store Card to Visa Upgrade - Hard or Soft Pull?

Hello everyone,

I wasn't able to find answer to this question anywhere in the threads so my apologies if this has been answered. 

Upon logging in to my GEMB accounts today, I was shown the message: "You've been selected to UPGRADE to a Banana Republic Visa Card" and received a similar message on my American Eagle account. Does anyone know if this will be a soft pull or a hard pull? I would like to upgrade but not as I don't need it and don't want any more inquiries on my report, I'm probably not willing to do so.

Additionally, if they do pull on one of the accounts, does anyone know if they would be able to leverage that for the other account (so I could maybe get a 2-for-1)?

Thanks in advance!

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: GEMB/Synchrony Store Card to Visa Upgrade - Hard or Soft Pull?

No inquiries but they will be new trade lines and not carry over history. They also may get CLIs at activation.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 3
dilettante
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB/Synchrony Store Card to Visa Upgrade - Hard or Soft Pull?

@coldnmn wrote:

No inquiries but they will be new trade lines and not carry over history. They also may get CLIs at activation.

+1. I just upgraded at the end of last year. It's a SP but as coldnmn stated, your old BR account will report closed and the BR Visa will show up as a new account, so it will impact your AAoA.  Upon approval of the upgrade my CL went from 4900 to 25K because the upgrade app gave me a chance to update reported income from what was stated  when I first opened the store account many years before.  So, YMMV on CLI's.  Are they offering the $50 GC to upgrade?  That's one of the reasons I didSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.