Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB actin' up..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB actin' up..

Has any of you ever had GEMB update your account multiple times within a single statement period? I'm so maaad at them right right now for reporting a false balance on my account. See I have a walmart card with them and I just noticed that they updated my experian file (a week before the due date) with my recent Nikon D300s purchase, and now I'm looking like I'm maxed-out. They didnt even notice that I had returned the camera 3 days back!

The CSR accidentally slipped-up that they are reporting twice every statement cycle now. Funny part is, CSR had a very nice suggestion for this issue: "Sir, you should stop purchasing stuff on this card" I was like "stop purchasing stuff on this card? are you sure?" then she started "um..no..umm..I didnt say that."

If they start reporting twice I'll be a dead meat, because I buy lots of stuff on that card (and PIF ofcourse), and i'm gonna look maxed-out every month Smiley Mad

I'm not really concerned about my credit score, but Its the thought of Amex reviewing my file and FR'ing thats scaring me

EDIT: They updated my equifax file too, but no balance! Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: GEMB actin' up..

i have never really noticed this, until i got my amazon card a couple weeks ago.  it reported like 3 days after i got approved.  a week later, i bought my textbooks for school.  then they reported the new balance.  i was like you b**tards!!!  LOL.  it's only 170 on a 1400 CL but it still annoyed me.

come to think of it, though, i think citibank did the same thing with our new citi card.  guess they don't like giving you a free zero balance update!  LOL

Message 2 of 9
redhed1026
New Contributor

Wowza! I hadn't noticed that with my GEMB cards. They're getting like WFNNB with their ridiculousness lately. They CLD'd me on two cards (a significant amount on each), even though my credit score has gone way up and my util way down. Guess they'll be getting no business from me, especially if they're acting crazy and double reporting...

Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Discover does this every now and then. Several years ago they updated ours again after the regular $0 balance update, a week before Christmas, so oh yeah, there was a balance.

Scores dropped, I called them up and asked what on earth, they couldn't figure out why it happened, but they updated again with the new $0 balance, apologizing all the while.

Looking back, it seems much ado about nothing on my part, but I had just gotten my scores up in the 700's, and it bugged me to see them go back down! Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB has officially gone insane now. They somehow realized that they had forgot to update my equifax file with the fake balance, and viola! they accessed my equifax file yet again and this time they made sure that they typed the balance right.

{BTW: Can I sue GEMB for increasing my blood pressure level by a couple of Bars?}

Message 5 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

That is SO weird that I'm seeing this today...I just did a PIF & called to see if they could report this now, instead of waiting for the cut date & I was FLAT OUT DENIED!  I wanted a 0 bal for my refi pull in a few days.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 9
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

That is SO weird that I'm seeing this today...I just did a PIF & called to see if they could report this now, instead of waiting for the cut date & I was FLAT OUT DENIED!  I wanted a 0 bal for my refi pull in a few days.

I wouldn't ask them anyway. If you do and they deny, wait a week after the PIF, then file a dispute and select the "incorrect balance" option. They will be forced to report the correct balance at the time of the dispute.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Pushto700 wrote:

I wouldn't ask them anyway. If you do and they deny, wait a week after the PIF, then file a dispute and select the "incorrect balance" option. They will be forced to report the correct balance at the time of the dispute.

No...I don't want a dispute.  That will take forever to be removed & looks really bad on a mortgage pull!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does any of you think that GEMB/Walmart will update the file on the statement day too?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.