Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB card qualifications

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

GEMB card qualifications

well, i applied for the dillards and walmart card, and was denied for both. i'm wondering, what does gemb look for?  i've done all that i can do as far as repair, i've dv, pfd, and disputed everything that i possibly can.  oh well, it's their loss.  i just won't apply for any cards backed by gemb, since they obviouslly don't want my business.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
voidman
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB card qualifications

What's your credit score?
-void
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB didn't approve me until the point where all the baddies on my Equifax report were marked as "paid." I had a 679 FICO when they started approving me. Now, I have many GEMB cards which I use a lot. I think you can probably get in with low to mid 600's, no recent baddies & everything showing as paid.
Message 3 of 6
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

I got all three.

Walmart store 150 CL
Dillards store 150 CL
Dillards amx 600 CL

right now my scores are in the high 5's I still have one neg account showing a balance.
Message 4 of 6
HUMPTYZ
Valued Member

How did you get the Dillards amex also?
Message 5 of 6
treschic
Frequent Contributor

my remaining baddies all say paid.  I don't know, i guess there is no rhyme or reason. i'll just wait for the letter and see what it says, and if possible try a recon. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.