Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB hates me

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB hates me

Good to know its just me they hate then & not everyone!
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 11 of 16
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I applied in-store at Stein Mart over the weekend and was denied.  My TU is 696.  I was pretty confident applying for it too so I was really disappointed when I got the denial.  There was a # to call and I was told that a letter was being sent to me.  They wouldn't give me any other info over the phone.  It's GE Money - is that the same as GEMB? 
Message 12 of 16
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

@kball64 wrote:
I applied in-store at Stein Mart over the weekend and was denied.  My TU is 696.  I was pretty confident applying for it too so I was really disappointed when I got the denial.  There was a # to call and I was told that a letter was being sent to me.  They wouldn't give me any other info over the phone.  It's GE Money - is that the same as GEMB? 

yes - same thing.

Message 13 of 16
mt2va
Established Contributor

Well I got my 1st denial from Lowe's (GEMB) & I know why they denied me.  They pulled TU.  I thought they would pull EQ.  Looking at various posts on different message boards & data bases led me to believe they would probably pull EQ.  I wish there was a way to specifiy which bureau you want a pull from.  I guess I better just stick with CU since I know they pull EQ.
Message Edited by mt2va on 06-05-2009 04:08 AM

Message 14 of 16
mt2va
Established Contributor

Received my response from Target (which yes I now realize is not GEMB backed) it makes no sense.  It says due to public records (the only public records I have were removed from my credit report months ago) & too many new inquiries.  (so them & NFCU is too many inquiries???) 

See this goes back to my theory that lenders I dont' think see the same thing I see when I pull my credit reports.  I went round & round with M&T bank over the same thing when they denied me OD on my checking account.  They said to contact EQ with any disputes but there was nothing to dispute with EQ because the things that they supposedly denied me for were not on my EQ account. ( public records & collection accounts) 

So now I'm getting ready to try for a re-fi on my car loan & I want to make sure everything looks as good as possible & yet I worry they will deny me for the same reasons which are not true.  Why are my lenders not seeing the same thing I am when I pull my CR directly from EQ?  They should not be able to see any public records or collection accounts because they were removed from EQ several months ago.  That should be more than enough time to make sure everything is updated. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mt2va wrote:
The 2 that I applied for most recently were Lowe's & Target which I understand they pull EQ for which is my best report. 

Not sure where you live, but Target seems to pull TU more often than EQ or EX and you get best results with them by applying instore.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.