Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

GEMB question

SO I have a lot of GEMB CC. Amazon, Paypal credit, PC Richards, A jewlery store, Walmart, maybe a few others. None of them will give me credit line increases except for Walmart (which gave me 2). The reasons Im getting is a recent collection account (4 years ago), credit cards too close to the limit (all of my credit cards are paid in full) and my accounts where too recenlty opened (all of them will be atleast year next month, some more). My question is, why does Walmart give me increases but not the other?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Re: GEMB question

They want to sell you more stuff.

Epic Contributor

Welcome to the world of GE and their great automated computer system... they have little requirements for approves to open and then they seem to actual look at credit for CLI.

UTIL is a big factor.

not sure what your issue would be with no debt!

Fico Scores 8: EX 718. TU 699. EQ 658. 11/10/2015

I have the paypal and amazon.  I never asked for  CLI on the paypal, but I seem to be getting one periodically. I keep asking for  CLI on amazon, but I keep getting denied. I do this quite often. I then cooled off on the CLI request, asked for one on the amazon account two months later and was approved with a measly 225 CLI. 

Frequent Contributor

I don't get GEMB at all. They gave me one CLI on my PayPal MC about 6 months after I got the card (maybe 5?).

Then last month I finally saw the "Request an increase" option on my account after having the card for a year. I figured let me try it. Got instantly denied. Received a letter stating reason for denial was due to "Insufficient experience at your current credit limit".  Not true. My CL is 3K and in the past, I've used the card quite a bit.  

The irony of this is they approved me with two baddies on my TU report. Now that it's clean, with util. between 3-7%, they're denying.

I wanted to close the card anyway as I really have no use for it. This just gave me more incentive to do so.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.