Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB's phony reason for no CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB's phony reason for no CLI

Doesn't GEMB want at least 4 months of card use at current limit/between CLI before another CLI is even considered and make the insufficient experience message go away?

Message 11 of 13
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Doesn't GEMB want at least 4 months of card use at current limit/between CLI before another CLI is even considered and make the insufficient experience message go away?

Lets say I I got a cli last month before the statment posted, than I will need to wait till 4 more months of statment posting with payments before i request again, otherwise the automated system will reject with that message automatically.  Unless they have a system that also flags your account durring a periodic review not to increase your credit and want even more experiance. I am not sure about that last part though.

Message 12 of 13
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

It's almost funny listening to the reasons they give. If you use the card, they'll tell you that it's because you use it too much and are a risk. If you don't use it, they'll tell you that you don't use it so you don't need a CLI. If you carry a balance ditto they'll tell you that you are a risk to default. If you don't carry a balance they'll say insufficient use.

If you only have a 780 FICO they'll say you don't have 850. If you have 850, they'll say you don't have a proper "blend" of account types (i.e. revolving, installment, etc). If you have 600 or less, well, that's all they need.....

If your utilization is 0, they'll say that proves you can't use credit correctly. If you have a utilization of over 10%, they'll say the same thing. But even if you have 1 to 9 %, they'll still find something to b*tch about, no doubt, they'll probably say that just proves you are trying to game the system and that proves you are a terrorist who should be summarily executed, preferably by torture in the public square. 

In short, there is NO point in trying to win this game, or in trying to reason with total lunatics like these people, all that will do is frustrate the living hell out of you. Best to not worry about it.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.