Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB

tag
first48
Frequent Contributor

GEMB

Is there a limit to having GEMB cards.  I just recently go 2 Gemb cards which is Lowe's and Kirkland's.  I just applied for a JC Penney's card and got the 7 to 10 day message.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB

I have about 6 GEMB cards.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, the max is 0. GEMB hates me and won't tell me why.
Message 3 of 12
first48
Frequent Contributor

I just opened Lowe's and Kirkland's this month.  I called the credit department at JC Penney's and they said looks like you are going to be notified by mail.  I wonder why I got denied.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not alone!Smiley Mad

contractor wrote:
For me, the max is 0. GEMB hates me and won't tell me why.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone posted that after opening too many GEMB accounts within a short time, they were denied because of Identity issues.

They advised, from the best I can remember, to call and ask for the "verificatoin department".
Message 6 of 12
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I was denied by GEMB when i applied for Lowes Card and they reason was identity issues (something with telephone) so then i called backdoor number and the lady said that everything was ok, to reapply and darn if they deny me again, for same reason! I gave up!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They denied me for Old Navy and Walmart. Denied due to being unable to verify telephone number and identity. In the letter it said they did not use a CR to base their decision.  The Walmart one said it was based on information by Lexis Nexis. Yet, they still pulled EQ, so I am annoyed and plan to write them asking them to remove the inquiry, seeing as they "say" they didn't use a CR to make the decision.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You gave permission for them to access your CR.

They didn't say they didn't pull it, they said they didn't use it in their decision.

siangirl34 wrote:
They denied me for Old Navy and Walmart. Denied due to being unable to verify telephone number and identity. In the letter it said they did not use a CR to base their decision.  The Walmart one said it was based on information by Lexis Nexis. Yet, they still pulled EQ, so I am annoyed and plan to write them asking them to remove the inquiry, seeing as they "say" they didn't use a CR to make the decision.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have a good case. I've had other lenders have the same id verification problem and they DID NOT pull a CR, as they were not able to complete the application. I allowed them to pull my CR in order to consider me for credit with them. If they are not going to consider me for credit, based on their unwillingness to attempt to verify my identity, then they should not have pulled my CR.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.