Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB

I've had GEMB as the creditor for my Sears, Lowes, PayPal, and a few other credit card accounts.  I wonder if when you apply for a trade line (such as Macys or Bloomingdales or Home Depot) you aren't routed to GEMB based on your credit profile, and whether there may be better (i.e., lower interest rate) credit lines for "preferred" customers from other than GEMB as far as the credit card is concerned? For example Havertys has their own credit financing but they use CitiFinancial for folks with lower scores.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB

Are you sure that Haverty's has their own financing? I think the only financing they offer is through Citi.  It would be odd for a company as large as Haverty's to not to use an outside company for financing...

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: GEMB

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had GEMB as the creditor for my Sears, Lowes, PayPal, and a few other credit card accounts.  I wonder if when you apply for a trade line (such as Macys or Bloomingdales or Home Depot) you aren't routed to GEMB based on your credit profile, and whether there may be better (i.e., lower interest rate) credit lines for "preferred" customers from other than GEMB as far as the credit card is concerned? For example Havertys has their own credit financing but they use CitiFinancial for folks with lower scores.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

Sears is citi, the sears mastercard is either citi or HSBC.

Macys is department store national which is citi, same for bloomingdales

home depot is also citi.

I only know of a couple places that have back up financing for lesser credit, (Sears, Temper Pedic, Capital One Auto use to have RoadLoans, I'm sure a couple more.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.