Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,540
Registered: ‎01-29-2008
0

GERCB Sams Discover vs Walmart Discover???

I have had a regular walmart card for a few years now and still no upgrade option yet, 4 months ago I opened a sams discover card and today I recieved my 1st cli of $3,000  totoal cl now at $7,300.00 I think sams club discover is much more generous when it comes to cli's instead of walmart discover, I am glad I have the sams discover version instead!!!!!


Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Regular Contributor
Posts: 248
Registered: ‎09-02-2011
0

Re: GERCB Sams Discover vs Walmart Discover???

I think once you get the Discover version of either you get really good CLI regardless to which one it is.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)


AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Established Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: GERCB Sams Discover vs Walmart Discover???


tray wrote:

I have had a regular walmart card for a few years now and still no upgrade option yet, 4 months ago I opened a sams discover card and today I recieved my 1st cli of $3,000  totoal cl now at $7,300.00 I think sams club discover is much more generous when it comes to cli's instead of walmart discover, I am glad I have the sams discover version instead!!!!!



Exactly how many years is a few?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,242
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: GERCB Sams Discover vs Walmart Discover???

I got my Visa/Discvr GECRB upgrades after 26 months with each account, no late pays on any, and I pretty much kept Walmart maxed out at 0% before I got the upgrade to Wmt Discover. :-) I also received several CLI's up until I was upgraded on those accounts.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,540
Registered: ‎01-29-2008
0

Re: GERCB Sams Discover vs Walmart Discover???


flowfaster wrote:

tray wrote:

I have had a regular walmart card for a few years now and still no upgrade option yet, 4 months ago I opened a sams discover card and today I recieved my 1st cli of $3,000  totoal cl now at $7,300.00 I think sams club discover is much more generous when it comes to cli's instead of walmart discover, I am glad I have the sams discover version instead!!!!!



Exactly how many years is a few?


I opened a walmart card account in December of 2009, current credit limit at $5,700.00


Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Established Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: GERCB Sams Discover vs Walmart Discover???


tray wrote:

flowfaster wrote:

tray wrote:

I have had a regular walmart card for a few years now and still no upgrade option yet, 4 months ago I opened a sams discover card and today I recieved my 1st cli of $3,000  totoal cl now at $7,300.00 I think sams club discover is much more generous when it comes to cli's instead of walmart discover, I am glad I have the sams discover version instead!!!!!



Exactly how many years is a few?


I opened a walmart card account in December of 2009, current credit limit at $5,700.00


Wow,  it seems like a crap shoot when they offer the upgrade then.  I too have a $5000 limit but I just can't stand having a lower tier version of the card.  I don't even need it but it still bugs me for some reason.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,242
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: GERCB Sams Discover vs Walmart Discover???

I think maybe they don't offer the upgrade until your FICO reaches a certain level, like when I was offered the Discover upgrade on Walmart, I had a FICO of like 670. My Walmart Store card was actually upgraded last month. My store card limit was $2,400, and I was offered the upgrade to Discover with a $2,500 limit. At least y'all's limits are higher :-). The upgrade offer may also have to do with how many bankcards (Visa, MC, Amex, Discvr) you currently have.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.