cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GERCB approved me for amazon.com card $2700 today - try other GERCB in one day?

tag
professorr
Regular Contributor

GERCB approved me for amazon.com card $2700 today - try other GERCB in one day?

does GERCB use the same credit pull in one day for approvals?  was wondering if I should try a discover or othe visa to see if I get approved? 

approve3d me for Amazon card (not the chase one)  for $2,700

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GERCB approved me for amazon today - try other GERCB in one day?

@professorr wrote:

does GERCB use the same credit pull in one day for approvals?  was wondering if I should try a discover or othe visa to see if I get approved? 

No, each card is a sole and separate card and requires a separate pull and UW process. GE is not like other banks where getting 1 can help with others. Grats on the Amazon approval.

Message 2 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@professorr wrote:

but with that high of an instant approval you are probably pretty good for ANY GE Card you want... How about Ebates?

Message 3 of 17
professorr
Regular Contributor

My thoughts too on bested. But I have a discharged ch7 from July 2013 . I checked creditpulls database and seemed like ebates was bk UNfriendly???

I have a 715 FICO. A few Comenity Visa cards and a co-signed usaa $30 k card.
Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@professorr wrote:
My thoughts too on bested. But I have a discharged ch7 from July 2013 . I checked creditpulls database and seemed like ebates was bk UNfriendly???

I have a 715 FICO. A few Comenity Visa cards and a co-signed usaa $30 k card.

I don't know any GE card that is bk unfriendly but maybe that recent of BK but geez that is a large starting Amazon limit with no call to credit solutions.

you could do ebay or paypal MC if your worried about ebates approval or lowes is a popular choice because of the huge credit solutions cli.

Message 5 of 17
professorr
Regular Contributor

Lowes is that a store card or visa ?
I thought of doing walmart discover but when you apply they chose weather to give you a store card or discover ; I font want their store card .
Message 6 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@professorr wrote:
Lowes is that a store card or visa ?
I thought of doing walmart discover but when you apply they chose weather to give you a store card or discover ; I font want their store card .

Lowes is a store card.

Message 7 of 17
professorr
Regular Contributor

Re: GERCB approved me for amazon today - trying E-Bates card now

Well I got the Ebates 7-10 day message.  I called backdoor # and lady put me on hold to see what needs to be done to finish processing.  came back and said it goes onto the next step now and when I asked if it was with an underwriter she said "I don't know where it goes, it's the next step that the computer takes it to and you should get a plain white envelope in the mail within the next 7 days"

hmm,   I'm sure it was denied.

Message 8 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@professorr wrote:

Well I got the Ebates 7-10 day message.  I called backdoor # and lady put me on hold to see what needs to be done to finish processing.  came back and said it goes onto the next step now and when I asked if it was with an underwriter she said "I don't know where it goes, it's the next step that the computer takes it to and you should get a plain white envelope in the mail within the next 7 days"

hmm,   I'm sure it was denied.

usually that means denied.

Message 9 of 17
professorr
Regular Contributor

thought for sure after that big Amazon store card approval that Ebates would let me in too.  should have tried for Walmart.  only 2 inquiries on my TU so I may try it anayways  but I thought of would give Logix FCU or Heritage a try. 

I've already had 3 Comenity visas in the past 2 months so laying low with them

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.