cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GERCB approved me for amazon.com card $2700 today - try other GERCB in one day?

Epic Contributor

Re: GERCB approved me for amazon today - trying E-Bates card now


professorr wrote:

thought for sure after that big Amazon store card approval that Ebates would let me in too.  should have tried for Walmart.  only 2 inquiries on my TU so I may try it anayways  but I thought of would give Logix FCU or Heritage a try. 

 

I've already had 3 Comenity visas in the past 2 months so laying low with them


I had terrible experience with Logix with computer giving approvals and then a human taking them away!

I closed all my accounts with them when I started to see TONS of people having the same issue.

even had a supervisor who thought it should have been approved but said she couldn't change the decision!

Message 11 of 17
Contributor

Re: GERCB approved me for amazon today - trying E-Bates card now

thanks, I have to check my notes on them.  I have heard that about some FCU's   I picked Logix because if you CALL in to apply there is only a Soft Pull, not hard.

Message 12 of 17
Valued Contributor

Re: GERCB approved me for amazon.com card $2700 today - try other GERCB in one day?


professorr wrote:

does GERCB use the same credit pull in one day for approvals?  was wondering if I should try a discover or othe visa to see if I get approved? 

 

approve3d me for Amazon card (not the chase one)  for $2,700


The amazon VISA card is a completely separate application. It's not like the Macys store/Amex or Walmart store/ Discover versions where's it's one application and they approve you for either or. You can try to apply but they will HP you again because it's the same bank backing the cards but they are still separate entities.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 17
Mega Contributor

Re: GERCB approved me for amazon.com card $2700 today - try other GERCB in one day?


maiden_girl wrote:

professorr wrote:

does GERCB use the same credit pull in one day for approvals?  was wondering if I should try a discover or othe visa to see if I get approved? 

 

approve3d me for Amazon card (not the chase one)  for $2,700


The amazon VISA card is a completely separate application. It's not like the Macys store/Amex or Walmart store/ Discover versions where's it's one application and they approve you for either or. You can try to apply but they will HP you again because it's the same bank backing the cards but they are still separate entities.


The Amazon Visa is Chase bank. Amazon store card is GECRB.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $13.5k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $6.1k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $4.85k / Citi DC (WMC) $7.1k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 14 of 17
Valued Contributor

Re: GERCB approved me for amazon.com card $2700 today - try other GERCB in one day?


coldnmn wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

professorr wrote:

does GERCB use the same credit pull in one day for approvals?  was wondering if I should try a discover or othe visa to see if I get approved? 

 

approve3d me for Amazon card (not the chase one)  for $2,700


The amazon VISA card is a completely separate application. It's not like the Macys store/Amex or Walmart store/ Discover versions where's it's one application and they approve you for either or. You can try to apply but they will HP you again because it's the same bank backing the cards but they are still separate entities.


The Amazon Visa is Chase bank. Amazon store card is GECRB.


Yes I understand Amazon Visa is Chase and Amazon store is GECRB. But the OP wanted to know if they can apply for another GECRB card and they use the same credit pull. The answer is no.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 15 of 17
Established Contributor

Re: GERCB approved me for amazon today - trying E-Bates card now

I didn't read the thread but grats to OP on the Amazon approval. You'll love GECRB cards. I mean - I've had my Amazon card for about a year starting at $750 and today it's at $10,000 LOL I never even use it so I don't know why they keep upping my CL. Same with my Walmart - seriously, $5,000 on a Walmart store card? I could buy half the store with a line of credit that big Smiley Happy

AMEX SPG $30K | Citi TY Premier $20k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclay Arrival+ 40k | Chase Freedom $20k | BofA AMEX $15k | Discover IT $20k | | NASA Platinum-Advantage $20k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k |

My Journey from Sub-600s:
Message 16 of 17
Valued Contributor

Re: GERCB approved me for amazon today - trying E-Bates card now


Jlu wrote:

I didn't read the thread but grats to OP on the Amazon approval. You'll love GECRB cards. I mean - I've had my Amazon card for about a year starting at $750 and today it's at $10,000 LOL I never even use it so I don't know why they keep upping my CL. Same with my Walmart - seriously, $5,000 on a Walmart store card? I could buy half the store with a line of credit that big Smiley Happy


They CLD'd me after a while. I had the card for a year. Card started out with a 1k CL. After I made a $799 charge, they gave me a CLI to 2k. Then after I had only made one purchase with the card, they CLD'd me to 1,100. I closed the card.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 17 of 17