cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GF Added As AU - How Long Til CRA's Report?

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

GF Added As AU - How Long Til CRA's Report?

Hey,

She was added on as an AU but during the day the statement hits (or day after). On EXP, it doesn't show and she has yet to check the other agencies. Do you think it'll take a month for it to report? Just curious as to what the standard method is for reporting.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: GF Added As AU - How Long Til CRA's Report?

Usually, creditors update CRs within a couple days of the statement date. However, there are some known exceptions to this rule including HSBC and Amex.

Amex reports the previous month's balance at the end of the month after, and HSBC reports the current months balance on the last business day of the month. 

I am an AU on my dad's Discover card, and it seems to only report to EX. It hasn't shown up on EQ or TU at all. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

She should see the TL once it reports. Most CCs report on or about the statement day, give or take a few. So, if your CC reports on Nov. 5, then expect it around then.

Edit to add....I am a slow typer. Fretless beat me to the punch.

Message Edited by llecs on 10-28-2008 10:21 AM
Message 3 of 10
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks. The reason I was curious is because the account holder saw their update on Experian/others but she hasn't for Experian. Just wasn't sure if she has to wait 30 days since she got AU status probably the day after it reported.
Message 4 of 10
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1. Amex obviously has some issues reporting AU to EXP. My AU account just disappeared a few days ago from EXP, I called and was promised that this matter is going to be investigated. According to reports on other boards I am not only one.

2. My DW's AU Discover account is reported to all three from the day 1.

JBH, it would help if you said what card it is.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I added my sister as an AU to my 2 AMEX accounts. Both accounts showed up on her reports within 2 weeks.

Also added her to my Macys 3 months ago - still waiting on that.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 6 of 10
jbh
Established Contributor

Sorry, it's Citi (I think dividend, not one of those cards without a limit)
Message 7 of 10
meehan20
Valued Member

Didn't fico stop reporting AU's to Credit Reports?
EQUIFAX
06/30/06- 713
12/12/07- 375
10/17/08- 457
3/10/2010- 519
$13,000 worth of debt still out there in collections/charged off accounts.
Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

meehan20 wrote:
Didn't fico stop reporting AU's to Credit Reports?

No. FICO08 org. was going to do that. But it has since been changed. Besides, FICO08 hasn't been implemented yet.
Message 9 of 10
jbh
Established Contributor

What's interesting is that she signed up for true credit trial. So she sees Transunion has one more citi account than normal (had 2 accounts earlier, closed, one by her mom (AU) and other by citi (not negative, though)

So, she clicked on the 3rd but it showed the data of the citi AU that was always on her reports. I am to assume that true credit/tu messed up, but at least it IS showing the AU since this is the only citi listed as 'open'

Should we assume that it means the AU is reporting, or should she play it safe and call to find out?

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.