Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GF wants to add me as AU on her BCE - Questions

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GF wants to add me as AU on her BCE - Questions

@muumike wrote:

Yea thats kind of how I viewed it. I was going to app for the card anyway after a year with the Zync when my util was brought down overall, but I just wanted to make sure that she wouldnt get like a rundown of my credit report from adding me as an AU. Like I said, even though she is aware of whats on it, looking at it bothers me, nevermind her haha.

haha,  she won't be able to see your credit report by adding you as an AU... I personally think you're better off not being an AU,  less things to worry about than trying to sort things out if the relationship sours...

I also agree that if you want the card you can go ahead and apply now.  It should be a SP if declined. 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 13
muumike
Regular Contributor

As stated earlier, I have 680 EQ with 70% util reporting on my discover. I need to get that down over the next two months to about 5% and then I'll feel comfortable applying. Regardless of the soft, I think even if they did somehow miraculously accept me, my limit would be dirt because of the UTIL.

Message 12 of 13
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@muumike wrote:

As stated earlier, I have 680 EQ with 70% util reporting on my discover. I need to get that down over the next two months to about 5% and then I'll feel comfortable applying. Regardless of the soft, I think even if they did somehow miraculously accept me, my limit would be dirt because of the UTIL.

You could be correct, Although AMEX is one of the banks that will really look past your credit report and look at your history with them.  and you can always 3x at 61 days.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.