Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GM Buypower card update

Today they gave me a CLI of $250 without asking. Go figure. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 22
jsk0307
New Contributor

Nice! I've been with them for two years and never had an increase.

Starting Score: 566
Current Score: 707
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had a $300 limit with this card. I took a hard pull for a cli & got a whopping $200. So ive been sittting at $500 & was trying to figure out if I could get rid of this card. Just switched over to the new integrated site. Nice to have all my cap1 products in the same place. I was curious & found the cli page & its now a soft pull! So I went for it, got a 'request received' message. Says I should know something in 2 - 3 days. Probably a decline, but worth a shot. I'll report back when I find out.
Message 13 of 22
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Since I bank with  Cap-1 in addition to DCU and NFCU, I like the new "merged" site and if Cabela's gets added even better. 

I put my car insurance, tolls and XM radio on this account to date I have a nice "credit" for my next car/suv/truck - btw HSBC used to back the GM card, their program was not as good and limited how much you could spend each time you purchased a vehicle. (I have a $13,500 CL and PIF every month).

GM_92017.JPG

Message 14 of 22
jsk0307
New Contributor

I switched over to the new site as well. Applied for a cli but got the 2-3 day response. We'll see what happens.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I canceled mine although I prob should have left it open. Would have been one car payment. Had about 400 something in rewards. I’d rather use my other cash back cards for cash or you could save them up for money for a new OR used car from any manufacturer.
Message 16 of 22
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, that's kind of the approach we're taking, except we're keeping it open to help with AAoA and possibly AoOA, since it's #2 in seniority. There's no AF, and it can sit in the sock drawer. We have a small autopay coming from it, and an equally small autopay to it to PIF every month. It keeps it alive, and we're not missing out on a whole lot of cash reward. If we ever get a new GM car, we'll consider it found money. That said, it's a real WEMC, so if we need those specific benefits, we have them.

Message 17 of 22
jsk0307
New Contributor

Just a FYI but I noticed that since transferring to the new site, the Cap One upgrade link doesn't work. Throws an error msg.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I tried for a CLI on mine and kept getting an error message. Then I checked the capital One message center and had a bunch of messages saying they weren’t accepting CLI requests for that account at this time.

Message 19 of 22
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Re: GM Buypower card update & odd CLI decline message

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I tried for a CLI on mine and kept getting an error message. Then I checked the capital One message center and had a bunch of messages saying they weren’t accepting CLI requests for that account at this time.

Oh interesting.

Hubby hit the CLI button on the new site and there were no errors, just the 2-3 day message, which we took as a decline (it was). Included in the 2-3 day message was the option to look in the Message Center as well. Nothing ever showed up there.

Now for the wording of the decline, "Credit line increases are not available at this time upon request for this type of account"

They included another page laying out common messages and how to fix the situation. No mention of this message, nor anything even close. 

We'd like to put more on it, but with a $500 limit it's tough to keep to a sub-10% utilization. Hubby's score has increased dramatically since he got it, and our income and bank balances would support a much higher limit. Yes, I have to wonder if this toy limit is holding him back, but he likes the card.

Anyone else run into this message, or have any insight as to what it might mean? I wonder if it's connected to the big migration to the new site.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.