Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM World Elite MC INSTANT Denial from Capital One

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

GM World Elite MC INSTANT Denial from Capital One

Hello Team,

I have applied for the Capital one GM Card 2 hours back and got a denail message instantly.

Do you think I can recon on this? If yes, what are my chances to get this one.

I have got a detailed denail letter (online) to show you all. Unfortunately, I am not able to insert a pic to this post.

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: GM World Elite MC INSTANT Denial from Capital One

@newUser0 wrote:

Hello Team,

I have applied for the Capital one GM Card 2 hours back and got a denail message instantly.

Do you think I can recon on this? If yes, what are my chances to get this one.

I have got a detailed denail letter (online) to show you all. Unfortunately, I am not able to insert a pic to this post.

Generally speaking, since you already took the HP, it can never hurt to recon. You can always write out the denial reasons so we can assist you further. Good luck.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 48
myjourney
Super Contributor

What was the reason for denial and you could always copy and paste the letter here

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 48
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Worse case scenario, you could end up with a $500 CL.  There was someone not long ago who got instand approval for $500 (granted it's YEMV and his profile was way different that yours I'm sure) but don't be surprised - you're dealing with Capital One which doesn't have a good track record on reconsiderations like Chase or BOA.

Message 4 of 48
newUser0
Established Contributor

Here is the copy of the Decision I got from them instantly. I really wonder, If it even thought about my App. The decision quickly flashed up on the screen.

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, Capital One, N.A. is unable to approve your application at this time.
Reference Number: 222XXXXXXXXXXXXX

In response to your application for a The GM Card credit card account issued by Capital One, N.A.
Unfortunately Capital One, N.A. is unable to approve your application at this time.
The follow ing credit score w as used as part of the decision-making process. The credit score is a number that reflects the information in
your credit report. This credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.

Your Score: 571.
The Score ranges from a low of 118 to a high of 796.

Date the Score w as obtained: 12192013.
The reasons for the score are:
NUMBER OF INQUIRIES WITHIN LAST 6 MONTHS
NUMBER OF TRADES
NUMBER OF BANKCARD ACCOUNTS OPEN RECENTLY
LENGTH OF TIME BANK/NATIONAL REVOLVING ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN Established

Our decision w as based in w hole or in part on information provided by a consumer-reporting agency. The consumer-reporting agency
played no part in our decision and is unable to provide specific reasons for our decision. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting
Act to know the information contained in your credit file at the consumer-reporting agency. You also have the right to receive a copy of
your credit report at no charge. To do so, please contact the agency listed below w ithin 60 days of receipt of this letter:
Equifax Information Services, LLC
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
(800) 685-1111
You have the right to dispute inaccurate or incomplete information in your credit report by contacting the consumer reporting agency
directly. If your credit file contains incorrect information or if your situation changes, please send us a copy of the revised credit report
and w e w ill be happy to re-evaluate your request.
If you w ould like the specific reasons w hy your application w as declined, please contact a Lending Services representative at 1-800-
685-9000 w ithin 60 days of your receipt of this letter. We w ill provide you w ith the reasons w ithin 30 days after receiving your request.
Please note that you w ill need the reference number indicated above w hen you call.
If you provided a secured deposit, payment, or processing fee, your funds w ill be returned to you under separate cover.
Sincerely,
Lending Services Department
CDM505o
Equal Credit Opportunity Act Notice
The federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or
part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right
under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance w ith this law concerning this creditor is the
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Customer Assistance Group, 1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450, Houston, TX 77010-9050.

Message 5 of 48
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Your Score: 571.
The Score ranges from a low of 118 to a high of 796.

Date the Score w as obtained: 12192013.
The reasons for the score are:
NUMBER OF INQUIRIES WITHIN LAST 6 MONTHS
NUMBER OF TRADES
NUMBER OF BANKCARD ACCOUNTS OPEN RECENTLY
LENGTH OF TIME BANK/NATIONAL REVOLVING ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN Established

So, it appears your score was roughly above average but not high enough on the scale that they provided (internal).  Admittedly, they point out some reasons that impacted scoring.

Message 6 of 48
newUser0
Established Contributor

Actually I got a lot of HP in Equifax because , I have HP for app like  charles schwab, capital one 360 etc. I was wondering, If I could justify this to them and recon my App.

Message 7 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 48
newUser0
Established Contributor

2 - Amex Delta and Chase Freedom

Message 9 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@newUser0 wrote:

2 - Amex Delta and Chase Freedom

What other cc's do you have open?

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.