Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM World Elite MC INSTANT Denial from Capital One

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: GM World Elite MC INSTANT Denial from Capital One

Did you get a instant approval ? Or a 7-10 day message?

Message 31 of 48
sandman2435
Established Contributor

It was an Instant approval

Message 32 of 48
newUser0
Established Contributor

Oh!!  Congrats..

I don't have any premium cards with me like VISA Signature or World Master Card. This is WEMC, so I think I might have been rejected for this.

I will apply for this again after a year and will see if I can qualify for. 

Message 33 of 48
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Oh!!  Congrats..

I don't have any premium cards with me like VISA Signature or World Master Card. This is WEMC, so I think I might have been rejected for this.

I will apply for this again after a year and will see if I can qualify for. 

Being a WEMC might be the case however this is most likely the easiest WEMC to qualify for. I believe someone mentioned a few months back they got this card with a $600 limit. 

Message 34 of 48
newUser0
Established Contributor

Yeah, I applied this because even I believed that this was easy card to get.

But the real thing is, it looks like capital One Does not deal with the approval or rejection of this card. It seems like they have a seperate department (some one said like partner card dept ) for this card so it is kinda hard to get in touch with them directly and discuss your case with them.

Message 35 of 48
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@newUser0 wrote:

But the real thing is, it looks like capital One Does not deal with the approval or rejection of this card. It seems like they have a seperate department (some one said like partner card dept ) for this card so it is kinda hard to get in touch with them directly and discuss your case with them.

+1

As the previous posted mentioned, it was a prior division which got merged with Capital One sometime ago.  The Capital One EO (for legacy accounts) will not be able to do anything in your case IMO.  Might as well just chalk it up and try next year as you mentioned.

Message 36 of 48
linux007969
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

+1

As the previous posted mentioned, it was a prior division which got merged with Capital One sometime ago.  The Capital One EO (for legacy accounts) will not be able to do anything in your case IMO.  Might as well just chalk it up and try next year as you mentioned.

I don't see how this is true, if the EO who we all have been in contact with that was able to do wonders for all of our accounts then they can do things for any capital one account of any kind otherwise then they are not the true Executive Office, as one of the other members of this forum who works for Capital One Retail Services has never heard of the EO and it doesn't exist..... things seem to be adding up.

What the EO should do it take down your info and pass it off to Underwriting for Retail Services and then they can work together and get back to you, just as simular as they do with the regular underwriting team.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 37 of 48
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@linux007969 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

+1

I don't see how this is true, if the EO who we all have been in contact with that was able to do wonders for all of our accounts then they can do things for any capital one account of any kind otherwise then they are not the true Executive Office, as one of the other members of this forum who works for Capital One Retail Services has never heard of the EO and it doesn't exist..... things seem to be adding up.

What the EO should do it take down your info and pass it off to Underwriting for Retail Services and then they can work together and get back to you, just as simular as they do with the regular underwriting team.

I see your logic, but that's not how things work linux007969, sorry.

Just for clarification and as a data point , the EO for my Saks WEMC is not the same as the Capital One EO (the infamous one noted from your post), yet they are managed under the same roof per se.  I figure I would throw that out there just so you're aware how some of their internal operations may be structured.  The only reason I know this is since I have the same individual who I have worked with for several years (pre-Capital One aquisition) for the Saks WEMC and they are a SEPARATE EO division that handles those specific services for former HSBC cardholders.  The same applies for my Neiman Marcus card.

Message 38 of 48
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

+1

I see your logic, but that's not how things work linux007969, sorry.

Just for clarification and as a data point , the EO for my Saks WEMC is not the same as the Capital One EO (the infamous one noted from your post), yet they are managed under the same roof per se.  I figure I would throw that out there just so you're aware how some of their internal operations may be structured.  The only reason I know this is since I have the same individual who I have worked with for several years (pre-Capital One aquisition) for the Saks WEMC and they are a SEPARATE EO division that handles those specific services for former HSBC cardholders.  The same applies for my Neiman Marcus card.

+1 to what FinStar is saying, My GM WEMC is a different EO from the QS cards. I emailed the CEO like normal for the GM card and I was called by a young lady, when I asked "where's Ivan?(my usual E.O guy) she told me they were different divisions because of the product, infact she claimed to know Ivan and said they weren't even in the same state.  My guess is that Capital One not only brought the HSBC US accounts but the infastructure as well (Offices, staff etc). No proof, just a guess. 

Message 39 of 48
newUser0
Established Contributor

+1 FinStar Says.

I tried to call Capital One EO about my denail. Luckily, I got a Manager on Line, she told me that they don't deal all these partner cards there and they have a seperate department which handles all these.

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.