cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOING DRAPPING PLEASE CALL FOR AN INTERVENTION!

tag
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Re: GOING DRAPPING PLEASE CALL FOR AN INTERVENTION!

Ok I started on this Bourbon/Whiskey thing about a year ago. Every time I would go duck hunting my buddy would stay over and we would have a shot (or two or three) of Whiskey the night before the hunt. It makes getting up at 0 dark much more bearable. We ran the gamut of Jack Daniels straight, Gentleman Jack, Jack Green Label. All good in my book. Then my buddy brought over a bottle of Knob Creek, very nice, a bit of a bite, but still a step above the Jack. Then we went on a road trip and ended in the middle of God knows where in the Adirondacks with only one liquor store between there and the Canadian border. Ended up with a bunch of trial size Maker's Mark. Really liked that. Stayed with Makers for about 3 months then the Jim Beam Devil's Cut came out. I bought into the hype and bought a bottle. VERY Good.

My palette soon tired of Devils Cut and I shopped around and one of my friends recommended Buffalo Trace. By far better than all the other bourbons and whiskeys, smooth without being watered down, just enough of a good smooth kick without burning (much different than Jack) full bodied a hint of carmel, vanilla and cherry. most excellent.

Rob

Message 11 of 24
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

How about you tell me why people like bourbon at all....

Add this to the list of alcohols I don't understand. I get vodka, I get tequila, I don't get scotch. Add bourbon. More to come in the future I'm sure.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 12 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ SnackTrader

I think OPs last couple of sentences described it perfectly!😋
Message 13 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

Ok I started on this Bourbon/Whiskey thing about a year ago. Every time I would go duck hunting my buddy would stay over and we would have a shot (or two or three) of Whiskey the night before the hunt. It makes getting up at 0 dark much more bearable. We ran the gamut of Jack Daniels straight, Gentleman Jack, Jack Green Label. All good in my book. Then my buddy brought over a bottle of Knob Creek, very nice, a bit of a bite, but still a step above the Jack. Then we went on a road trip and ended in the middle of God knows where in the Adirondacks with only one liquor store between there and the Canadian border. Ended up with a bunch of trial size Maker's Mark. Really liked that. Stayed with Makers for about 3 months then the Jim Beam Devil's Cut came out. I bought into the hype and bought a bottle. VERY Good.

My palette soon tired of Devils Cut and I shopped around and one of my friends recommended Buffalo Trace. By far better than all the other bourbons and whiskeys, smooth without being watered down, just enough of a good smooth kick without burning (much different than Jack) full bodied a hint of carmel, vanilla and cherry. most excellent.

Rob

Lock down in place 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 24
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Bourbon is an acquired taste. Vodka is just windshield washer fluid that knows somebody, Tequila is just clear drain cleaner and Gin is a lab experiment gone wrong. Whiskey comes from the gods. I'm sure the good Lord is a pipe smoker and a whiskey drinker.

Message 15 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 16 of 24
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

WhoooHooo I made it! 6 months! Ok now I'm going to bed.

Message 17 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats now go to bed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 19 of 24
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

Bourbon is an acquired taste. Vodka is just windshield washer fluid that knows somebody, Tequila is just clear drain cleaner and Gin is a lab experiment gone wrong. Whiskey comes from the gods. I'm sure the good Lord is a pipe smoker and a whiskey drinker.

Thanks for the review, and thanks for the laugh! You hit it on the head here. I will buy a bottle when I get home from the ME for R&R next week, and have a drink in honor of your 6 months in the garden. Here's to hoping I make it to 6 months as well.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.