Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOLD DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

GOLD DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD

First off Hi Everyone. Secondly I have a friend who is interested in getting the GOLD DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS.

How hard is it to get this card?

What is the min fico score needed?

Should she app for the Zync first then if approved app for the GOLD DELTA?

Min inc requirements?

Min tradelines?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: GOLD DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD

It's a revolver and AMEX is known to be stringent on approvals for these. I would say FICO 700 or better. No recent baddies. relatively clean slate on reports. INQs in a 6 month span should be low. At least a year on multiple cc's positive history.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

App'd with a 658....Dont even ask me how many inquiries but plenty and 2 collections both paid. One from 07 and another from 2010

Approved for 5K

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 3 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

How many tradelines did you have at the time you applied and what was your highest cc cl?

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know the specific underwriting requirements, but the Delta cards appear to be far easier than the other cobranded / Amex specific revolvers from an underwriting perspective.

I think if you're 660ish with at least a year on a minimum of one revolving tradeline, one would have a shot; that was basically where I was at with a pre-approval letter they sent me once upon a time.  Of course this changes, and this is probably bare bottom minimum though and depending on income and a whole slew of other factors, one's mileage would vary.  Certainly 680 is better, but this card isn't in the same tier as far as underwriting goes as the higher level Amex cards (BC-anything / SPG / etc); however, recently I've seen some really shocking (to me anyway) approvals for those cards too so who knows.

It appears Amex may want more customers and the Zync / prepaid isn't producing enough of them at a quick enough pace.

I think if she's at a 640 or so now, a Zync would be a better choice, but if she has a few tradelines, with a recent revolving account age of over a year, and her score is prime or even near prime (660-680+ range) if she wants the Delta revolver, I think I'd simply take the shot on it directly.  Worst case it's a single inquiry and pickup a Zync 31 days later.  Or if she thinks she might want both, app Zync then Delta same day.

        
Message 5 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Thanks so much. I will let her know

Message 6 of 7
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

whogavemecredit.com is also a good source. If you look there, you will see that Amex is  fairly relaxed with the underwriting requirements for the Delta card

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.