Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD DAY 4 BOA!!! :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOD DAY 4 BOA!!! :)

Hey guys, so a couple of you know my little dilemma I have with my Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa. The great cashback on groceries and gas are only good until 6 months from the time the card was activated. Any time after that, it turns into a glorified 1% cashback card. Joy. Anyways today, I figured I'd at least try for a credit limit on this card that I activated in May and was approved for $2500. I went online and hit the "luv" button and placed my credentials in and hit enter. I just wanted an increase to 5000. "Thank you for your credit limit increase. To complete this please call 1800......." Wonderful. I was a little nervous but I said screw it. I called the number talked with a very nice woman who asked why I needed the increase. I told her basically from looking at my statements I have increased my spending each month AND I want to keep utilization down. "That sounds great and your payment history is perfect, so there is no problem in increasing your credit limit to $5000." WOW that was easy. She was so nice, I figured I'd test the waters and see if I can do a product change to the new 1-2-3 Cash Rewards card. She said "NO PROBLEM." I was floored. Everytime I called BOA to try and do this, they would say, "You have to apply for a new card." So she set this up for me and also helped me redeem my cashback on the previous card. Then...................................MY PHONE DISCONNECTS!!!!!!!!!! ***Stupid iPhone*** I frantically call back and explain the situation to another representative. She looks over the notes left by the previous credit analyst and says "NO PROBLEM." Credit limit increase, points redeemed and a product change to a better CC.

"TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY." ~ Ice Cube Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GOOD DAY 4 BOA!!! :)

Yay!!! Congrats! Good day, indeed! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.