Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD NEWS OF DISCOVER

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOD NEWS OF DISCOVER

Dear xxxxxxxxx:

We are pleased to inform you that, effective 11/06/11 we will no longer charge a Foreign Currency Fee on any international purchases made with your Discover® card. Additionally, we will no longer charge a Research Fee for any copies of billing statements or receipts that you request.

If you have any questions or if we can be of any assistance, please call us at 1-800-347-2683.

Thank you for choosing Discover card.

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GOOD NEWS OF DISCOVER

I wonder if that's for all of their cards? We've had Capital One as our default no FTF card, but if Discover is going to start doing it too.. maybe it's time I apply for a card from them.

Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I called and it applies for all of their cards.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

That's good to hear, thanks! I've never had a card from Discover so I'm not sure how widely accepted they are overseas, but I'll definitely consider them more seriously now.

Message 4 of 5
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

That's good to hear, thanks! I've never had a card from Discover so I'm not sure how widely accepted they are overseas, but I'll definitely consider them more seriously now.

I wouldnt put much weight behind this.  Discover is pretty much only accepted in the United States as its not an intenationally recongised network.  You can use it wherever you see the Diners card logo internationally which is not very widely accepted.  Have Visa, Mastercard or AMEX with you when you travel.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.