Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOT APPROVED FOR KAY!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOT APPROVED FOR KAY!!!!!!

So after a stressful day yesterday of having to close my Citi card due to the huge 29.99% RJ, I decided to apply for a Kay Jeweler's card just incase my FICO takes a huge stumble from closing the account. I got approved for 2K and I am really happy with that -- hopefully it will help with the utilization as I know I will not be spending much money on jewelry, especially 2K. So I guess something good came out of this. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
angie204
Contributor

Re: GOT APPROVED FOR KAY!!!!!!

I know what you mean! My husband and I both applied for Kay because we knew that it gives out high limits and increases your score.  We were approved for $4k limit each.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to even utilize that card, as we are saving as much as we can. 

With other general cards (VISA, etc.), it is easy to redirect your monthly bills through it and pay in full.  Even with Target I can redirect some of my grocery and clothing expenses.

But with a jewelry card...I just don't know how to use it effectively.  We don't really have jewelry in our budget over the next year.  I have $100 each for my children for Christmas...but only two out of the seven kids are girls.  The boys aren't likely going to want jewelry for Christmas.

Congrats on the new card!

My Scores:
10/09: EQ 653, TU 656; 8/09 FICO Lender: EQ 652, TU 646, EX 659 10/11: EQ 672, TU 679 EXP Lender 680

Chapter 7 BK Discharged Aug 29, 2007.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.