Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOTTA be a typo, LOL!!!!

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

GOTTA be a typo, LOL!!!!

Just requested a CLI on my AMEX Clear card, got the "Congratulations you've been approved" message, got what I thought was an increase to $10000 from $6000. 

Also just got an email from AMEX confirming my CLI....to $1,000,000 ! ! !   Yes, that's right...ONE MILLION DOLLARS!  Cash advance limit is $90K!! 

NOT going out on a spending spree, though.  Can you imagine what this will do to my current 8% utilization???   Smiley LOL

Should I expect an invite for that Centurion Card I've had my eye on ???  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: GOTTA be a typo, LOL!!!!

LOVE it!!!

Message 2 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hah.  I'm tempted to say "Pics or it didn't happen!" (OK so I sorta did there), but I'm pretty certain that's a bug on their part.  Out of curiosity what does it say in their online interface?

Not sure what I'd do in that situation, think if it were still in the online interface I'd be terribly conservative and calling them and suggest that it's a mistake; however, another part of me would keep quiet and see if it got placed on my credit report as such and frame it for style points and long-term giggles.

Congrats regardless though, but yeah, that 8% utilization just got nuked from orbit hah.  Good luck even maintaining 1-2% now Smiley Happy.

        
Message 3 of 28
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Lol nice

Message 4 of 28
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Hah.  I'm tempted to say "Pics or it didn't happen!" (OK so I sorta did there), but I'm pretty certain that's a bug on their part.  Out of curiosity what does it say in their online interface?

Not sure what I'd do in that situation, think if it were still in the online interface I'd be terribly conservative and calling them and suggest that it's a mistake; however, another part of me would keep quiet and see if it got placed on my credit report as such and frame it for style points and long-term giggles.

Congrats regardless though, but yeah, that 8% utilization just got nuked from orbit hah.  Good luck even maintaining 1-2% now Smiley Happy.

LOL, yeah was thinking about doing a cut/paste of the letter from AMEX. 

I did just check my account on line, it's showing the $10K CLI, not $1M Smiley Embarassed

But hey, I'm good with the $10K instant approval! 

Message 5 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Message 6 of 28
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-to-do-when-you-think-a-poster-is-full-of-it/td-p/1...

Sorry that you think I'm "full of it" , I was simply trying to provide a bit of humour at American Express' expense. Many people seem to think they are infallible.   I fully realise that it was a mistake on their part.  That does not negate the fact that I did, in fact, get a letter stating this and still have it, and if you'd like to see proof I can sure do that cut/paste thing. 

Message 7 of 28
thom02099
Valued Contributor

American Express  

PO Box 30374

Salt Lake City, UT 84130

October 14, 2012

Reference:  XXXX-XXXXXXX-edited

Reference:  edited

Credit Line

$1,000,000.00

Cash-Advance-Limit

$90,000.00

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX:

We are pleased to inform you that per your request, we have increased your line of credit on your American Express� Card Account.  This increase is available for your immediate use.  Your account number and line size are shown above.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-535-7790 or write to us at the address above. To learn more about protecting your credit, visit our Consumer Resources page at www.americanexpress.com/consumerresources.

Sincerely,

edited

SVP Global New Accounts

Message 8 of 28
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I believe you and think that is super funny. Too bad it was a typo because that would have been an awesome utility cushion!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 9 of 28
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Now the best part of this system error (though not actually GRANTING the 1mil CL) would be if for some reason, it reported it to the CB's just once!  I would love to know what that might not only do to your UTIL, but your score and pre-approved offers  Smiley LOL

Oh, if it does happen to pull the "1 in a trillion" chance for you and actually report, do call in and request manual reviews right away on other creditors for CLI's!  

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.