Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOTTA be a typo, LOL!!!!

tag
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

Re: GOTTA be a typo, LOL!!!!

What do you suppose is the correct balance, 100,000? Have you called or checked the website to see if the electronic account info is consistent? AMEX is good for giving NPSLs right? An NPSL at least in theory should be worth even more.... 

Make sure that you go out and get a bottole of Champaigne...

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 11 of 28
thom02099
Valued Contributor

You can bet I'll be watching to see what reports after my next statement date early in November!  As I stated in the heading it's GOTTA be a typo. 

And for the record, I'm not some kid who's looking for a thrill in posting frivilously.  Yes, this was supposed to be a humourous post.  Like I said, some people take AMEX waaaaay to seriously. 

I'm a 60something member, I'm an AMEX member since 1991 (actually before that, from the late 70s but they could not match prior closed accounts). I got my first credit card back in the late 60s.  My credit is real.  I worked very hard to get to the point I'm at.  I KNOW what it's like to have credit scores in the 500s...that's where I was not all that long ago.  As recently as 4 years ago, I was in the 600s, and now in mid- to upper-700s working toward 800.  I currenlty have CL of over $80K including NPSL and hidden TL.  I got there from information posted here and at other boards.  If one doubts the veracity of this (or any other)  post, a PM would be appropriate.  I would never presume to call someone out on a post here. 

Message 12 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

American Express  

PO Box 30374

Salt Lake City, UT 84130

October 14, 2012

Reference:  XXXX-XXXXXXX-edited

Reference:  edited

Credit Line

$1,000,000.00

Cash-Advance-Limit

$90,000.00

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX:

We are pleased to inform you that per your request, we have increased your line of credit on your American Express� Card Account.  This increase is available for your immediate use.  Your account number and line size are shown above.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-535-7790 or write to us at the address above. To learn more about protecting your credit, visit our Consumer Resources page at www.americanexpress.com/consumerresources.

Sincerely,

edited

SVP Global New Accounts

(turns on the microphone, comes from the side of the field):

"Upon further review, LS's call of "edited" has been REVERSED!!!!! Thom02099 shall get all bragging rights for AMEX jackpot"

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 28
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

What do you suppose is the correct balance, 100,000? Have you called or checked the website to see if the electronic account info is consistent? AMEX is good for giving NPSLs right? An NPSL at least in theory should be worth even more.... 

I checked my Clear account, it does show the $10K credit limit, which is what I had expected it to show. Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 28
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

American Express  

PO Box 30374

Salt Lake City, UT 84130

October 14, 2012

Reference:  XXXX-XXXXXXX-edited

Reference:  edited

Credit Line

$1,000,000.00

Cash-Advance-Limit

$90,000.00

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX:

We are pleased to inform you that per your request, we have increased your line of credit on your American Express� Card Account.  This increase is available for your immediate use.  Your account number and line size are shown above.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-535-7790 or write to us at the address above. To learn more about protecting your credit, visit our Consumer Resources page at www.americanexpress.com/consumerresources.

Sincerely,

edited

SVP Global New Accounts

(turns on the microphone, comes from the side of the field):

"Upon further review, LS's call of "edited" has been REVERSED!!!!! Thom02099 shall get all bragging rights for AMEX jackpot"

Thanks LS!  Accepted.  I still like you and the info you post!  Heart

Message 15 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Way too much luv on these here forums... I am somewhat uncomfortable with excessive displays of emotions Smiley Surprised
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@CreditEd wrote:

I checked my Clear account, it does show the $10K credit limit, which is what I had expected it to show. Smiley Tongue

ahhhh shucks!!! I thought I knew a millionaire hehehe

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 17 of 28
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wow.. that's funny! Congrats on the CLI. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 18 of 28
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Way too much luv on these here forums... I am somewhat uncomfortable with excessive displays of emotions Smiley Surprised

Webs!   Pull my finger!  Smiley LOL

Feel betta?  Smiley Wink  Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 19 of 28
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Smiley Very Happy  Hears "Lion King" music in the background ! Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.