Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOt A Discover Auto CLI

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

GOt A Discover Auto CLI

I tried getting a CLI from Discover on 2 or 3 occasions in the past year, and I couldn't finish getting  the words out of my mouth and they always said no.  I am not kidding, They didn't pull a report they just said no.  They even took away my "request a CLI LUV button" about a month ago when everyone was saying the button was back.

I logged in today and they gave me a 4,500 CLI without even asking or telling me.  Maybe I will start using the card.  Smiley Very Happy 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Re: GOt A Discover Auto CLI

Wow, that's great, congrats! They gave me a measly 1500!

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 2 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Both very nice CLIs from DIscover, Congratz!!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 9
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Congrats!  What is your total CL and what does your credit report look like?

I have had my card going on 8 months ($1500)- and even with a HP recently, I was told that I will not be eligible for a CLI any time soon, because of  8.5 year BK and nearly 3 year judgement.  I was shocked that they even approved me, especially since I included DC in the BK.  So, I am in with them, but the card is not going to grow with me anytime soon.  I had just made this my primary card over Cap 1, since that one is not growing with me either.  I am thinking of only using the Discover for small relevant purchases just for the rewards and then PIF and calling it a day.  Bummed to hear that news a couple of weeks ago.

I gave up on Cap 1 - now - not so sure about Discover.  Thinking of making my Barclays card my primary card now, well, as soon as I get my balance transfer cleared off, and just seeing what 2 years or so of using the card brings about for me.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

That's a huge auto CLI, what did it make your total?

Message 5 of 9
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I hope they will auto CLI me one of these days Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

No joy here, they wanted to do a HP but i declined. I have had this card a little over 7 months. Oh well.

Message 7 of 9
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Total CL is now 7500.

Got 3K initially and like everyone, they said it gets you in the door and we'll evaluate you in 6 mos blah, blah, blah.  In an earlier post I kinda gave a quick update on how they would not give me a CLI after 6 mos.

I am glad they increased it because with the low CL, I was using it only for small purchases like iTunes, McDonald's and gas - - sometimes.  The balances grew quickly but paid in full >95% of the time.  

I really love the card and the customer service, it takes talent to tell you no to a CLI but sound good while doing it Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 9
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

I just pif tonight $418.00. I got approved 4 months ago for $1700. I rang it up to $1300 since then and slowly paid it off. I usually pif "CC'S", but wanted to see something. Now every  week I'm going to ring it to $1200.00 and pif. This card will be used. Show me some love.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.