Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOt denied

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: GOt denied

What's done is done. There are some companies that allow a recon but Discover and Amex are not one of them. It's always best to app when your CR's are in the best condition.
Message 11 of 22
e35
Regular Contributor

so does not means all discover cards are off the table for 30 days?

even walmart discover

Starting FICO scores EX- 422 Feb/2013

NEW 12/13/13 FICO scores
Ex- 638, EQ- 658, TU- 646

Almost there Goal 660 across the board
Message 12 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Walmart/Discover is backed by GE - keep in mind you might get approved for the store card. If you want a Discover Card, it's best to wait the 30 days and reapply
Message 13 of 22
e35
Regular Contributor

okay. Thanks

Starting FICO scores EX- 422 Feb/2013

NEW 12/13/13 FICO scores
Ex- 638, EQ- 658, TU- 646

Almost there Goal 660 across the board
Message 14 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
What's done is done. There are some companies that allow a recon but Discover and Amex are not one of them. It's always best to app when your CR's are in the best condition.

+1

Like Lexie said, just wait 30 days and re-apply. In a way it's not so bad. The only damage done is just 1 inquiry, but at least you know what to do in the future. Smiley Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 22
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

+1

Like Lexie said, just wait 30 days and re-apply. In a way it's not so bad. The only damage done is just 1 inquiry, but at least you know what to do in the future. Smiley Happy

+2...just sit tight til those 2 fall of your reports and be sure that they're off your CRs before trying for disco again Smiley Happy we've all learned the "hard way" at some point, so no worries op...if you're rebuilding keep up the great work...time will help tremendously with those collections...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 16 of 22
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@e35 wrote:

LOL at me!     I am a rebuilder ok. I started out with 34 collections on my credit report and down to two now. That why I gave it a shot.

OK, I don't mean to sound blunt but I know I'm going to.  So, what is the hurry?  As a rebuilder you must remember this is a marathon not a sprint.  Why not wait past the 30 days?  Why do you need this card in 30 days?  Just because baddies are supposed to drop off on a given day, there is no guarantee that they will drop at that time.  There are many posts on this board where baddies carried over an extra cycle or two.  Let's say your baddie do drop on Sunday.  Wait until next month, look at your reports, make sure they are off, see what it does to your score and even wait until the next CB report to see if there is even more improvement, maybe, maybe not but it certainly would hurt, just might help.  Wait 30, maybe even 60 and you just might not only get the card but a better CL.  Slow down, marathon not sprint.

Edit:  I really, really don't mean to sound blunt!!

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 17 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I just need to add here that you've done a wonderful job rebuilding!! You had at one point 30 something collections and down to only 3 now??? That's creaking amazing, and you did a great job!!! That's hard work and determinationSmiley Happy just sit tight now for 31 days and then pull your reports to make sure those last 2 are gone off TU, then try againSmiley Happy good luck to you an report back hereSmiley Happy
Message 18 of 22
randeman
Frequent Contributor

I can't help thinking there is something more to the denial than two incredibly old collections.  When I was approved (my first major card since my difficulties), I had one collection on my record.  Had to recon, but got it.  Unless the limit is one, since you have two.

By the way, if your score is 640 you ought to change your signature.  I was going to suggest early in the thread that your scores were probably too low and that was the cause.  If I hadn't read completely through the thread, I would not have seen your 640 entry.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 19 of 22
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I had one collection on my EQ when I was approved for Discover, but didn't get the greatest terms. Score is in mid - high 600s. The collection isn't even 3 years old.

You probably would do better once the baddies are gone.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.