Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTE FCU-Approved!

tag
keith021
Regular Contributor

GTE FCU-Approved!

GTE Federal Credit Union finally finished processing my application today and mailed my card out. It was for their U22 credit card for young adults ages 17-22. One of my New Year resolutions is to stop applying for new credit. I was just trying to get all I could in before February 22nd when the new credit card rules go into effect. I just turned 19 in December so I am pretty stoked to have several cards.

I have the following cards now:

Suncoast Schools FCU student rewards Visa: CL $500

Kay Jeweler's: CL $400

Jared Jeweler's: CL $400

Citi Platinum Select Visa for college students: CL $500

Badcock & More: CL $2,000

Target Store card: CL $200

Macy's Store card: CL $600

GTE FCU U22 Mastercard: CL $500

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Re: GTE FCU-Approved!

Congrats!!

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 2 of 9
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations Keith...sounds as if you know what to do now. Be patient, and let it all age. You will then start to see the benefits.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gratz you are definitly starting out the right way.
Message 4 of 9
keith021
Regular Contributor

Thanks; Gibran, Lynette, and Ryan! I'm hoping to my FICO scores in the 700's by the end of January or the beginning of February when I should be able to retrieve them (I can't at the moment). I doubt that will be with all of the new accounts and all, but I can hope, right? Lol

Message 5 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Message 6 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@keith021 wrote:

GTE Federal Credit Union finally finished processing my application today and mailed my card out. It was for their U22 credit card for young adults ages 17-22. One of my New Year resolutions is to stop applying for new credit. I was just trying to get all I could in before February 22nd when the new credit card rules go into effect. I just turned 19 in December so I am pretty stoked to have several cards.

If you have a job and can prove an income the new rules may not have that much of an effect on you.

Message 7 of 9
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Congrats Keith! Do you know what credit bureau they pulled your credit report from?
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 8 of 9
keith021
Regular Contributor

@Believe1970 wrote:
Congrats Keith! Do you know what credit bureau they pulled your credit report from?

Thanks! They pulled Equifax only.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.