Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTE Financial

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GTE Financial

Applied yesterday for Checking and Savings and of course I couldn't get instant approval.

I uploaded my DL and a Util. bill yesterday right after the application.

This morning at 6:15AM I got a call (clearly she didn't pay any attention that I didn't live in the area but that's okay)

She said we need a copy of your Social Security Card too.

I said I will send it within 60 seconds!

I ran out to the computer and quickly logged in and uploaded it.

I didn't want to bother them but clearly I should have because I forgot until about 2:10 and I log in and see someone DENIED it at 4:45 and that department leaves at 5!

after being on hold for 18 minutes to get through to a live person she sees NOTHING under my social and says so sorry but you will have to call when that department is here tomorrow between 8-5PM

B335 we are not off to a good start here Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GTE Financial

Yeah their telephone wait times are bad but they're friendly people. Is your chex clean? Be sure to call again tomorrow.
Message 2 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Yeah their telephone wait times are bad but they're friendly people. Is your chex clean? Be sure to call again tomorrow.

yes my chex is clean, ill call at 6:00AM!

Message 3 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah i think a Chex entry over $500 is a no approval item for them. Since you're clean you should be good. You got a lot farther with them than i did.
Message 4 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well I NEVER.... I was declined for Chex Systems!

Of course she couldn't tell me what and of course you can't access Chex Systems instantly but while on phone I submitted for a report to be mailed!

Unless the "Notation" on Chex Systems that they had an issue with is he has opened a dozen checking accounts with all these banks I have never known of anything to be on my report and I just opened Discover Checking 3 days ago with no issues!

Message 5 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

Wow I would had given you referral for Gte we both found have earned 25 a piece 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Unless the "Notation" on Chex Systems that they had an issue with is he has opened a dozen checking accounts with all these banks I have never known of anything to be on my report and I just opened Discover Checking 3 days ago with no issues!

Has that been known to happen? Getting declined for having too many accounts?

Message 7 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I thought I read on another post somewhere a few weeks back that someone had been declined for opening to many checking accounts to fast... I didn't get it then and I don't get it now... I'll await my Chex Report.

Message 8 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I thought I read on another post somewhere a few weeks back that someone had been declined for opening to many checking accounts to fast... I didn't get it then and I don't get it now... I'll await my Chex Report.

Opening lots of checking accounts in a short period probably correlates to risky behavior, even though it is not credit related.  Maybe fears of check kiting between the different accounts etc (or for those doing MS, lots of accounts to deposit money orders in)

Message 9 of 16
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

^ This.

In fact many banks/CUs have policies that red flag anyone who has more than 2-3 new checking accounts in a 6 month period. A lot of it has to do with anti-terrorism laws as well as the garden variety bank fraud.

U.S. Bank (my bank) has this policy for sure as a friend of mine was denied a checking account for this very reason.

CA...why are you trying to get in with this bank?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.