Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Failures

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

GW Failures

Well, I got the result of two of my GW letters today.  Plains Commerce said they will not take my 2 lates from 2005 off of my reports (they are reporting accurately, blah blah BLAH!!!).  Orchard said they cannot lower my APR (14.9%) as "there is no lower rate available at this time."

AAAAAAGH!!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Failures

What is Plains Commerce?

Don't feel bad about Orchard, 14.9% is not that bad, some people here are paying over 20%.

Message 2 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is Plains Commerce?

Don't feel bad about Orchard, 14.9% is not that bad, some people here are paying over 20%.

Plains Commerce, in my opinion, is THE bottom feeder of rebuilder credit cards.  They charge a high annual fee, a monthly fee, NEVER give you a CLI (in 4 years, I have only been able to get 2 CLIs, for a grand total of $350!!!), & have horrendous customer service.  It doesn't really surprise me that they didn't want to help me out.

As for Orchard, I don't really feel bad about it, since I do agree that it is a fairly reasonable rate, all things considered.  Just figured it was worth a shot!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any success with ANY HSBC company? They had me as 3 times 30 days late on an auto loan. I called to find out what was going on and then when I check my report they added 2 more.
Message 4 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone have any success with ANY HSBC company? They had me as 3 times 30 days late on an auto loan. I called to find out what was going on and then when I check my report they added 2 more.

Holy crap!  They punished you for calling???  Remind me not to bother with them!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even remember being late once. If I could get that fixed my score would shoot up to 700+ across the board.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Auto did the same to me. I inquired about two lates and they became 6 lates. I've written to half the people that work there and no one will budge.Robot Mad
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.