Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter or Phone Call?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letter or Phone Call?

Hi Folks,
I have two credit cards that were passed due 30 days twice, both cards on the same months. I have sent out dispute letters to CA but I am 95% positive that the information will be verified. Would it make sense to call the bank and try to do a GW on the 30 days lates or does it have to be in writing? If I call who should I speak with or if I mail the letter, is there anyone in specific that I should direct the letter to?

Thank You All!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letter or Phone Call?

I've had good look with writing directly to the CCC, did not even attempt a phone call. I wrote to citicard to request that they remove some old derogs in view of my current good standing and they were as good as gold and removed them on all three CRA's. I also wrote to Best Buy/Household, but this was more of a polite dispute, I requested that they send me details of the account history for verification - they wrote back and said they would delete the account. I suspect they had lost all the account documentation and decided to just forget about it.

I used the addresses provided on the credit report where available, if not then find a good current address through google and add "Dispute Processing" or something like that.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

write a letter but I would recommend you posting this in the rebuilding credit forum to get a lot more advice
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update. One of them(Bank of America) sent me a letter stating that they will NOT remove lates and the other one is yet to respond(USAA)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.