Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW a young HSBC account...

tag
brainysmurf
Contributor

GW a young HSBC account...

So I've heard the horror stories about Orchard Bank not growing with you. I recently got an account with them and they haven't reported yet.

I paid the AF and I'm willing to take that hit.

I know I posted a similar thread earlier, but I really don't want to take the AAoA hit for this card. Smiley Sad

If I cancel and they do end up getting a TL, is it possible for me to GW  a zero balance one month report?

I'm trying to avoid the AAoA hit because I also recently got a cap1 secured with a $1000 limit now, and an NFCU cash rewards with 8k.

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: GW a young HSBC account...

Your going to take the hit... but if you paid the annual fee less then a month ago, I would cancel the card and they will refund the fee and you can request a check.

Wow on your NFCU approval!

Message 2 of 5
brainysmurf
Contributor

Thanks! The NFCU approval is pretty sweet. It's going to be my primary.

I hope to get a Cap One PC to cash rewards next year, but I paid a $29 AF with them, and from what I hear that will follow me even with a PC.

I called Orchard to cancel and they waived the annual fee that I just paid, and begged me to keep it open for a year.

I'll give them a chance to grow.

I really want an AMEX, I'm going to see where my new revolvers put me in about 3 months. I'd love to have the True Earnings Costco card.

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 3 of 5
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

when u go for amex make sure no baddies and low utili. on your experian that is all they pull and if your still new to credit go for the znyc card

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 4 of 5
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

capital one will never grow with you and good luck with product change I've had the classic platinum with no AF for a year and a half I only got one credit step im stuck at $750 and my student cash rewards. I've had for a year stuck at $750 too and I called to request a product change and they stated because of the card ACT they cannot PC to anything else or budge for CLI, they told me to apply for another card and possibly risk getting another $500 limit card, credit step it up to $750 couple months later and be stuck again

amazon
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.