cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gained 9 points by using a card and hard pulls???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gained 9 points by using a card and hard pulls???

Got my fico EQ score watch alert today and I gained 9 points.  Two changes documented (same card). 
1 of your accounts reported balance increases
1 of your previously dormant accounts reported recent activity
This seems really strange. 
Went to my fako scores and seen a little change and 4 hard pulls showing.  2 TU, 1 EX and 1 EQ.  (CLI on 10/24 for Cap 1) and EQUIFAX MTG on all three CB from NFCU from yesterday already showing. 
It is hard to believe my EQ score went up instead of down.  This makes no sense to me.  But I will take the 743! 
I didn't finish the morgage application because I didn't have all the info I needed.  I didn't think they pulled until you finished filling out the application??  After I got off the phone I decided I should wait 1 more month so my scores would be where I wanted them.  Too late now I guess. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gained 9 points by using a card and hard pulls???

Does a card pulled out of the sock drawer that you haven't used in a long time make a big difference when you do use it?  I mean, make a score go up?  I thought it was better not to use except for a couple of times a year just to keep it active.  Using it makes your Utl % go up.  I am really not understanding how all this works. 
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inactive cards have not been used for 9 months if i remember correctly, inactive cards are not as good as active ones. Some say your 1st inquiry doesnt affect you and  having 0% utilization is not as good as having some utilization(say 1-6%)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

you probably should rotate them every 3 months with some kind of small purchase and pif.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This isn't my only card and I do run a utl. of arount 7 to 20% on the average.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.