Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GameStop PowerUp Rewards Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GameStop PowerUp Rewards Credit Card

Any gamers out there that have applied for this yet? I did over the weekend and got a 7-10 day message. Apparently it's backed by Comenity Capital. I tried the backdoor number from the thread to check on the status, but it wasn't a direct line to anyone.

Is there a single line for all Comenity-backed cards regardless of the store co-brand?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

Re: GameStop PowerUp Rewards Credit Card

it's possible you could receive a letter from the account security dept asking you to call in to verify information before approval.  I have applied for a few Comenity cards and almost always recieve the 7-10 day message, later I get a letter asking for me call, and then approved.  

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scott_S wrote:

it's possible you could receive a letter from the account security dept asking you to call in to verify information before approval.  I have applied for a few Comenity cards and almost always recieve the 7-10 day message, later I get a letter asking for me call, and then approved.  

Thanks. I'm hoping it's just that. I don't think I've ever had any comenity cards before. If I don't get approved, it isn't a big deal. I just thought the extra 15k bonus points you get at approval would be nice. With the credit I have and the points I've already accumulated, it's at least one free game. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
tha1datshyns

I recieved a pre-approval in my email for the Gamestop powerup rewards card, I just clicked the link, it took me to their website asking if I wanted to accept their offer, no credit check or anything. I'm thinking its because I already have the Justice credit card (which I show good payment history with)which is also through Commenity. Thats not the only one either, ever since I began a relationship with Commenity I've recieved catalogs and emails with offers of credit from many of their stores (of course I don't accept them all though), so maybe you just have to get your foot in the door with them.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tha1datshyns wrote:

I recieved a pre-approval in my email for the Gamestop powerup rewards card, I just clicked the link, it took me to their website asking if I wanted to accept their offer, no credit check or anything. I'm thinking its because I already have the Justice credit card (which I show good payment history with)which is also through Commenity. Thats not the only one either, ever since I began a relationship with Commenity I've recieved catalogs and emails with offers of credit from many of their stores (of course I don't accept them all though), so maybe you just have to get your foot in the door with them.

I'm hoping that's the case.

Any idea if they have strict or lenient credit requirements?

Message 5 of 11
tha1datshyns

They didn't do a credit check for the Gamestop card since that was a preapproval, but when I app'd for the Justice Credit card my score was around 670 with no baddies, I don't believe they are inquiry sensitive though because I had about 32 inquiries.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tha1datshyns wrote:

They didn't do a credit check for the Gamestop card since that was a preapproval, but when I app'd for the Justice Credit card my score was around 670 with no baddies, I don't believe they are inquiry sensitive though because I had about 32 inquiries.

Thanks. I def don't have that many inquiries, but I do have enough that it's an issue for more conservative lenders. It's been listed as a reason for denial in recent months. I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tha1datshyns wrote:

I got the preapproval and then "under review", and from what I read is common if you have a few of their cards already, which I do. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! I got the same message. Did you end up getting it?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been 11 days and I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet
@Anonymous wrote:
Hey there! I got the same message. Did you end up getting it?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.