Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamestop is offering a "Credit card" lol

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Gamestop is offering a "Credit card" lol

@Phizzle wrote:
While I don't disagree with you, I feel this is a silly thread. How many MILLIONS of teens just hitting credit age rub through Kohls and Macy's or Old Navy and fall victim to the "15% off your purchase".

While the terms are not the greatest, there are cards that are much worse.

BTW I am 28 and own and Xbox One with headsets and customer controllers and all. My kids also have a Wii U. Working professional in IT with great credit. You're missing the mark here. The 18-22 group Are the minority in gaming. I guarantee there are more gamers in my age range or in the age range of having their games bought for them.

Just sayin.

IDK what gamestops You go to but I have about 3-4 That I can go to and I have gone there a lot but have turned elsewhere like Newegg where They don't charge me sales tax Smiley Very Happy

If your not counting the adults that are there with their errr 8ish-14 year old childs to buy their games for them most of the demographic I have seen is the 15-25 Age group in Gamestop. Maybe it is because I live in NYC.

I am 23 and I own a PS4 and Xbox one but from what I have seen in Gamestop has always been the 18-25 grp ( the ones who could sign up for a Credit card) in there a lot which I view as their (Gamestop) target group. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 21 of 45
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

So have not gone there yet, but soon.....very soon.  Right now I am reliving the FFX/FFX2 remaster.  YUM!

Got that on my PS Vita Smiley Happy    

Never played 10 and 10-2 on the ps2 since I hated the Ps2 Smiley Tongue'

Final Fantasy 14 is worth the $14.99 per month ( you can get it cheaper) +$40 to buy it on PS4 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 22 of 45
physicist82
Regular Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

So have not gone there yet, but soon.....very soon.  Right now I am reliving the FFX/FFX2 remaster.  YUM!

Aww I miss FFX so much. We had a ps2 but it broke a long time ago. We never got a ps3 or 4. When we had kids we decided the Nintendo family was more well rounded for us. We have the Wii and the Wii U.

**Edit - Almost 32 here by the way. 

We shop at game stop and we have the pro membership but I would never get their credit card. 

We got each kid a DSI XL for Christmas 2 years ago for $70 on Black Friday. Sweet deal. 

Most of the people we see there are in their late 20s I guess or parents buying something for their kids. But really the store is pretty much empty any time we go in there.

Message 23 of 45
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

35 year old video game nerd checking in.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 24 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, now that's just too silly. 

Then again, what can you expect coming from a retail store with those high APRs? Haha! They hopped on the Best Buy bandwagon! 

Message 25 of 45
Phizzle
New Contributor

I rarely shop at game stop. I buy mine digital and my kids from Target or Walmart. But I promise you that the few you visit do not equal the world's population. I mean... I get where you're coming from I guess; however, I feel you're looking at it in a vaccum. Everywhere I go I see the same trend... Older guys/gals buying games for themselves of their kids.

But oh well. It's just another credit card in a long list of many that the uninformed will app for. Good thing we have so many laws and acts in place along with the CFPB to try and keep it legit these days. Smiley Wink
Message 26 of 45
Phizzle
New Contributor

Oh, and FF7 should win a game of all time award. WoW a close second but these days I play first person shooters. Can't wait for Destiny and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare!
Message 27 of 45
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, now that's just too silly. 

Then again, what can you expect coming from a retail store with those high APRs? Haha! They hopped on the Best Buy bandwagon! 

Yeah.... But the Bestbuy Card offers decent rewards and it offers financing on most purchases above $149

Message 28 of 45
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Phizzle wrote:
While I don't disagree with you, I feel this is a silly thread. How many MILLIONS of teens just hitting credit age rub through Kohls and Macy's or Old Navy and fall victim to the "15% off your purchase".

While the terms are not the greatest, there are cards that are much worse.

BTW I am 28 and own and Xbox One with headsets and customer controllers and all. My kids also have a Wii U. Working professional in IT with great credit. You're missing the mark here. The 18-22 group Are the minority in gaming. I guarantee there are more gamers in my age range or in the age range of having their games bought for them.

Just sayin.

Agreed.  If I didn't want to take a hard pull at the moment, I would probably get it.  I do think they should sweeten the deal a bit more though.  The Capital One Playstation card gives you the equivalent of $50 to use on PSN (or you can redeem for other stuff available in Sony Rewards).  I'm sure the details aren't final though.  The interest rate, however, is commensurate with other similar cards; this is not a major bank card.

On another note, I had no idea people were so misinformed regarding the gaming population, which is quite diverse.

Message 29 of 45
slicemans
Regular Contributor

I have not been to Gamestop for at least 6 years now.

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.