Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap Card upgraded

tag
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Gap Card upgraded

Called in today after scheduling my online payment (the balance) of 62.00.  I have a 900.00 CL. I called in to see when I may be eligable for a upgrade to Visa. I told them I wish I had more of a variety of places to shop cause of the high credit line and it only being a store card. I said I dont spend that much in those particular stores. He put me on hold and told me I was able to upgrade and would recieve my card in the mail. I have a 4000 Cl and a lower interest rat (I am sure though it isn't that much lower).
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Gap Card upgraded

so when you asked to upgrade, they increased your cl from 900 to 4000?

Did they do a hard pull for this upgrade? 

Message 2 of 12
pattycake
Established Contributor

@laryn41 wrote:
Called in today after scheduling my online payment (the balance) of 62.00.  I have a 900.00 CL. I called in to see when I may be eligable for a upgrade to Visa. I told them I wish I had more of a variety of places to shop cause of the high credit line and it only being a store card. I said I dont spend that much in those particular stores. He put me on hold and told me I was able to upgrade and would recieve my card in the mail. I have a 4000 Cl and a lower interest rat (I am sure though it isn't that much lower).

Congrats!  Take good care of that Visa, and I think you can expect it to help your scores. 

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 3 of 12
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

He probably thought I was nuts because I told him like 4 times I didnt wasnt mu credit pulled... Then afterward I was like "are you sure you didn't pull my credit report"?  I told me it was a soft and would reflect on my credit report.

Thanks goodness. Havent had a hard pull in a long time and want to keep it that way.  Started with a 515 credit score about 5 years ago and now have a 706.

Message 4 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

$4K on a Gap Visa is very good! Congrats!
Message 5 of 12
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Congrats! What were your scores when you app'd for the card originally? Any baddies? 
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 6 of 12
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure extact by

something like

Something like that....app'd like twice.

Online I was declined and in the store I was approved.

Message 7 of 12
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Istarted with a $200 cl I belive and with in the 1 1/2 (or 2 years, not sure how long I have had it) It went up to 900 before I was upgraded.
Message 8 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It is issued by GEMB like OldNavy card right?
Message 9 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

concorduser wrote:
It is issued by GEMB like OldNavy card right?

It is issued by GEMB. The Gap card may be used at:

Gap

Old Navy

Banana Republic

Piperline

Athleta

and accumulates the 5 pt/$1 reward when it is. Using the Gap Visa card elsewhere accumulates 1 pt/$1.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.