cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap Department Store Card or Gap Visa....I need help...Again.

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Gap Department Store Card or Gap Visa....I need help...Again.

@YoungB718 wrote:

You're abosolutely right!  After carefully reading the approval message, it did state that "Your temporary credit limit is: $ 400.00".  Does this meant that it will change once I get it or will I still have to call in for a RECON?

Other folks are already giving good advice here, but I'll just mention that with Synchrony if you call up using the term 'recon' or even 'reconsider' you'll likely just confuse matters.  What you want to ask for at this point is a credit limit increase... when you call Credit Solutions they will treat you like any other customer who has had an account for months or years... the rep truly won't care that you just opened the account, and it will only serve to complicate the conversation (they'll already know anyway).

Note that Credit Solutions can be very generous, and your results will be heavily based on your TU score, which they will place you on hold to check on the spot (it's almost always a SP).  They are known to counteroffer, so there's generally little harm in aiming high.  If you are denied or they counter your request, you'll get a letter in the mail explaining why.

Note also the other threads on here regarding Synchrony and how some people with a quick build up of new accounts (or calls for CLIs) have had issues, including having their accounts frozen.  Basically if you don't pick up numerous Synchrony accounts all at once you should be fine, but it would be irresponsible if I didn't at least mention it here.  Smiley Wink

Let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Gap Department Store Card or Gap Visa....I need help...Again.

+1000 on what UncleB saidSmiley Happy recon too strong a word to use with Sync unless denied for credit. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.