Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap / Old Navy / Banana Republic Preapprovals

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Gap / Old Navy / Banana Republic Preapprovals

Do either of these three stores offer preapprovals via SCT? Would like one but not enough for a HP.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Gap / Old Navy / Banana Republic Preapprovals

I think comenity is the only one that does the shopping cart trick. Unless things have changed, Old Navy, BR, and Gap are Synchrony. I found this link to all Comenity Bank cards while looking around. 

https://wallethub.com/credit-cards/comenity-bank-13302322i/#ef=n&instnameftron=Y&iuid=13302322&p=4

Edit: Here is the list of current Synchrony card:  http://www.creditcardcatalog.com/credit-cards-issued-by-ge-capital-retail-bank/

Message 2 of 8
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Always a hard.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 8
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys. Then it's a no-go for me right now.    Smiley Tongue

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cotton_Britches wrote:

Thanks guys. Then it's a no-go for me right now.    Smiley Tongue

FWIW I was at a  Banana Republic today when the girl at the register said that she could do a check out like I was going to purchase an item to see if I was preapproved beforehand.I did decline the offer because I didnt trust that 100%...Does anyone know if that is posible via a soft pull? Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No....i wouldn't think so......SCT..its truly the only way or if the store you are at is a comenity bank store...then yes..other than that no..

Message 6 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree. I haven't heard of that being possible either. The SCT may be the only way.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep,I've since called another BR and told them what happened and asked if it was possible to be preapproved before apping and she said no,they would have to pull the reports to do so...I knew that sales person was trying to pull my credit and my leg lol Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.