Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap STORE card credit limit increase..

tag
Koof
Established Member

Gap STORE card credit limit increase..

Hi there. I signed up for a Gap store card back in September - they gave me a credit limit of $200 - I've tried a couple of times since to request an increase, with no success. I've since read that you're eligible for one every 4 months - I don't remember when I requested the first one, but the second one I requested yesterday and was denied again. I was just wondering if anyone has ever been successful in being granted one? My credit is somewhere in the 660's or so, it's risen since I first got the card.

Also, does anyone know for sure if it's a soft or hard inquiry on your report when requesting an increase with them? The only information they ask when doing it online is your annual income and that's it.. thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
chanteezy1006
Contributor

Re: Gap STORE card credit limit increase..

Do it through chat or call credit solutions ask for 5k and they will counter offer
MY FICO SCORES EQ:641 TR:691 EX:680as of 04/10/2015
Message 2 of 23
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

@Koof wrote:

Hi there. I signed up for a Gap store card back in September - they gave me a credit limit of $200 - I've tried a couple of times since to request an increase, with no success. I've since read that you're eligible for one every 4 months - I don't remember when I requested the first one, but the second one I requested yesterday and was denied again. I was just wondering if anyone has ever been successful in being granted one? My credit is somewhere in the 660's or so, it's risen since I first got the card.

Also, does anyone know for sure if it's a soft or hard inquiry on your report when requesting an increase with them? The only information they ask when doing it online is your annual income and that's it.. thanks for your help.

generally yeah every 4 months they should allow a sp cli..   its worked for me just fine.

if you request online it always is a sp from my experience.

Message 3 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Call 866-519-6441 and ask for $5k as somene else said and they will counter... it's a SP!

Message 4 of 23
Koof
Established Member

Thank you all for your input.. The girl I spoke with yesterday on the phone told me it was a hard inquiry, but I didn't think she was correct so I wanted to make sure.. I'm assuming I'd have to wait another 4 months to try again though since I got denied just yesterday? And 5K? I'm just wondering how that would work when I couldn't get any amount of increase.. never heard of trying anything like that before.

Message 5 of 23
chanteezy1006
Contributor

Its def a sp call the number creditaddict listed and then ask for 5k. I too was scared so i only asked for 1000 on my card that i had only had three months. At 200.But i will be calling in june for another increase.
Message 6 of 23
Koof
Established Member

I really don't think it'll work, but I guess it's worth a try.. will I have to wait another 4 months since I just tried online yesterday?

Message 7 of 23
chanteezy1006
Contributor

No you dont have to wait. I did two within a month of each other on my walmart and amazon accounts
Message 8 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

who did you talk to yesterday that was so brilliant to tell you it was a hp and then you were still declined?

it was the number on the back of your card wasn't it... I would have read her a piece of my mind.

I would NEVER call that number unless you must, they don't know anything.

Either do cli with button online yourself every 4 statements and in between and for more than button gives you, either call the number I gave you and/or do the chat feature online and tell them you get an internet error with the button online and they will process.

The odd thing about sync is if one way doesn't work, doesn't mean another way won't work and doesn't mean you might not be able to get an increase next month from one of the ways that said no the previouls month!

Message 9 of 23
Koof
Established Member

Thanks for that info Smiley Happy I guess I know better for next time.. Well I just tried again with that phone # and got denied. Maybe my income just isn't high enough.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.