Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - April 2016

tag
maxq
Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club - April 2016

@Anonymous wrote:
I am so darn sick of my stagnant scores. My TU score hasn't gone up or down more than 4 points in 6-8 months.

I hear ya. Outside of 1 month where installment loan was paid off(actually dropped 10 points) mine hasn't moved more than 5 points in last year.

Interestingly I PIF on all my cards and 1 card I let report with 1 or 2% UTI. Perhaps I need to switch things up a bit? I have opened 3 new accounts in last 9 months, 2 in last month and have closed 2 accounts as well. The points basically were a wash.

I guess outside of adding a new installment loan I can really only just garden and hope my scores move up 20-30 points. Really trying to get above 800. I'm so close.

I have been considering adding accounts with Penfed but I don't want to add anymore inq's and I truly don't need anything right now. I might open a Roth IRA so that might be the only legit account that would be opened in the next 6 months but we'll see.

Just looking for some encouragement to stay gardening and not look for new apps unless absolutely necc. Smiley Wink

Goal of 825+ Gardening since 05/05/2017
Message 1211 of 1,338
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NichelleN wrote:

I'm still hanging out in the garden and enjoying the view. And apparently, yesterday was the day Bank of America decided they don't hate me anymore. Some time ago, in order to help rebuild my credit, I opened 3 secured cards, one of which was BofA. This was a $300 card. Twice I tried to unsecure it and received a big 'Nope!' as a response. The last letter said that I didn't have enough assets invested with Bank of America in proportion to my income. Hmm.. I think the real reason was that I previously had a mortgage with BofA that had a period of a derogatory payment history. Time has passed but it's on the report. An analyst told me during a call that her supervisor didn't like the mortgage info. I thought,  I have cards with Discover, Cap1, etc but Bank of America doesn't yet trust me with $300. Okay. I screwed up and I'm paying the price. But, $300? Anyway, I was going to close the card but took the advice here and left it open.

I called yesterday because I can't find the card. I never carry it with me. I just totally forgot where I put it. The rep informed me that they've mailed back my $300 and the card is no longer a secured card. I don't even care what the limit is, didn't ask.

Bank of America now feels I can be trusted with credit again. Progress, I guess Smiley Happy

Congrats!

Message 1212 of 1,338
red259
Super Contributor

Approaching the two months without an app point so far so good.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1213 of 1,338
driftless
Valued Contributor

@maxq wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I am so darn sick of my stagnant scores. My TU score hasn't gone up or down more than 4 points in 6-8 months.

I hear ya. Outside of 1 month where installment loan was paid off(actually dropped 10 points) mine hasn't moved more than 5 points in last year.

Interestingly I PIF on all my cards and 1 card I let report with 1 or 2% UTI. Perhaps I need to switch things up a bit? I have opened 3 new accounts in last 9 months, 2 in last month and have closed 2 accounts as well. The points basically were a wash.

I guess outside of adding a new installment loan I can really only just garden and hope my scores move up 20-30 points. Really trying to get above 800. I'm so close.

I have been considering adding accounts with Penfed but I don't want to add anymore inq's and I truly don't need anything right now. I might open a Roth IRA so that might be the only legit account that would be opened in the next 6 months but we'll see.

Just looking for some encouragement to stay gardening and not look for new apps unless absolutely necc. Smiley Wink

I am with you and 2011XTERROR with stagnant scores. It is hard not to be proactive, aging along with your credit cards is harder than it sounds. The only cards that I see myself adding is a business card, either Spark or an Ink. I might apply for a FU at the same time. I don't think opening a Roth IRA will kick you out of the garden, it is not credit. We can encourage each other.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 1214 of 1,338
driftless
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

In other less than awesome news, Experian finally figured out that my HELOC is a revolving line.  Took the account out of "real estate" and dropped it into "credit cards".  It is, of course, maxed out....which does wonders for my utilization... NOT.

Oh well.  It IS a revolving line, and I was surprised that they had placed it in the "real estate" bucket anyway.  Just sucks to see it move...

It is my understanding that HELOC's are not considered revolving accounts by FICO and should not effect your utilization.   http://www.bankrate.com/finance/home-equity/heloc-like-credit-card-account.aspx

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 1215 of 1,338
maxq
Regular Contributor

@driftless wrote:

@maxq wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am with you and 2011XTERROR with stagnant scores. It is hard not to be proactive, aging along with your credit cards is harder than it sounds. The only cards that I see myself adding is a business card, either Spark or an Ink. I might apply for a FU at the same time. I don't think opening a Roth IRA will kick you out of the garden, it is not credit. We can encourage each other.

Yes we def can encourage one another! Not only eyeing up accounts with PenFed but I'm looking at the Chase AARP card. I don't have anything in my stable that gives the rewards of the AARP so maybe I should skip the PenFed card and go with the AARP when it's time. Maybe I'll look at bonuses and see what's available at that time. Heck by then there probably will be a dozen new cards out lol.

But I digress. Stay in garden!!! Smiley Happy

Goal of 825+ Gardening since 05/05/2017
Message 1216 of 1,338
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

In other less than awesome news, Experian finally figured out that my HELOC is a revolving line.  Took the account out of "real estate" and dropped it into "credit cards".  It is, of course, maxed out....which does wonders for my utilization... NOT.

Oh well.  It IS a revolving line, and I was surprised that they had placed it in the "real estate" bucket anyway.  Just sucks to see it move...

Hey TCBofade can you go into a bit more detail about this? Why would/how would Experian put your account in real estate and by taking it out,  mess up your utilization? I'm expecting to close Tuesday and I am not looking forward to seeing my utilization go from 1 % to um...whatever it will be. It sounds like you're saying they treat home loans differently. I guess I  knew that,  but the semulator says I'll lose 25 points once my loan hits.

Portland,

Your primary mortgage won't effect your utlization.  

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 1217 of 1,338
myjourney
Super Contributor

@driftless wrote:

@maxq wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bravo GC support Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1218 of 1,338
myjourney
Super Contributor

@maxq wrote:

@driftless wrote:

@maxq wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes we def can encourage one another! Not only eyeing up accounts with PenFed but I'm looking at the Chase AARP card. I don't have anything in my stable that gives the rewards of the AARP so maybe I should skip the PenFed card and go with the AARP when it's time. Maybe I'll look at bonuses and see what's available at that time. Heck by then there probably will be a dozen new cards out lol.

But I digress. Stay in garden!!! Smiley Happy

Love the GC team work at play here 

Bravo #2 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1219 of 1,338
myjourney
Super Contributor

Hello GC family

Got great feed back from you all so.........

GC questions of the day HP/INQ/Pulls

Do you consider which CB will be pulled before applying and plan accordingly for more than 2 cards so as not to have them all on the same CB or does it even matter?

What is to many? Obviously thick or thin file plays an important part in this decision.

If you could place a $ value on HP's what would it be worth to you?

No judging

Weather you have 5 or 52 HP's just an open discussion to educate through open dialog to provoke thought and conversation

As always thanks 

MJ

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1220 of 1,338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.