Garden Club - April 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - April 2017

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife and I stayed up to watch the women's NCAA final four. Now I'm wide awake after that ending.  On the credit front I'm making nice progress. No real itches for anything credit related besides a mortgage; which will come in due time.  In the meantime I'll reach 3 months of gardening toward the end of April!🙂 In the meantime I'm working on my utilization and letting my report continue to age. 

Hi Pedro, my hubby and I watched it too. What a game! Just as exciting as any of the men's games I've seen, if not more exciting! I love great games like that! Smiley Happy

Yes it was.  It was a fantastic game. That was a very exciting game.  We were thrilled with the ending. 

Us too. I am going to be cheering for Mississippi State on Sunday. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 526
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Check in!
Message 12 of 526
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I haven't been on the forums much over the last few months. I've just been paying bills, not shopping for new credit, getting SP increases and living life. Smiley Happy I have some more pruning to do as I think I still have too many cards. So that is the priority now. I've also started car shopping so my gardening time will be over soon. And due to the results of cleaning up my credit, doing some gardening and having some self discipline, I think my chances of qualifying for a top tier lease are good. And that's all thanks to myFICO.

Happy Spring everyone!

More than enough credit.
Message 13 of 526
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Going on 14 months since my United Club app, amazing how time passes! Just one more month for my Ruby spade!Smiley Very Happy Finally glad it's April, hoping for nice biking weather.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 14 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

April 28, 2017 = 7 months

Message 15 of 526
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

4/11/17 = 3 months

Was easy not to deviate from the plan this past month, since basically the entire month was either abroad or recovering from being abroad.  Did wind up checking my accounts and paying some bills with an end run around the Great Firewall (HKG network hop, don't ask don't tell and plausible deniability works in China too apparently).  Much of April will be spent in Singapore or perhaps other parts of South East Asia (taking some time off before flying home) so that should be pretty easy too... though if I ever do China again, I want a Union Pay card, would've made my life non-trivially easier.

Keeping focused on my goal which is being ready to go get another mortgage somewhere else somewhere after January 1st or thereabouts if it's warranted.  Assuming this gig works out and there's every reason to think it will at this point, can cut my commute in less than half for something that I can afford where it wouldn't suck to live... actually think it'd wind up near where youdontkillmoney bought his place for any of you that read his mortgage story.

I guess Jan 1st vs. Jan 12th vs sometime earlier than that if I get offered a permanent spot, is dependent on where my FICO scores wind up post lien and post lates on EQ and EX... I got to 742 on EX FICO 2 when my tax lien temporarily came off, and that's still top tier for a standard conventional mortgage at least and that was with well more than zero scoreable inquiries on EX, so I should be sitting fairly pretty mortgage wise by that point, but EQ FICO 5 has always hated me and I'm sort of needing that score to be above 740 too unfortunately because TU sucks blue whale regarding tax liens and I have a stupid 30D late there too (both of which are my fault but anyway).

Anyway like always, have a plan for one's credit and stick to it, and I wish you well in that endeavor too!

        
Message 16 of 526
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Yesterday I decided to take a sp CLI for my amazon prime visa signature...it takes a hard pull....temporarily leaving the garden...gold spade will be returned in slighty worn condition. may at least make one app prior to return.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 17 of 526
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Checking in for April and still gardening strong!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 18 of 526
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Happy April!!  Nothing to really report, other than trying to get myself prepared for the mortgage process.  I'm a little overwhelmed but I have some time before I pull the trigger.  April also marks the month I close another card. I closed my QS1 last month and I'm considering closing my marvel card.  I'm kind of torn on it.  It does get used a bit by my teenage son, but that's about it.  Part of me wants to keep it opened because my kid does use it and it's my only 3% dining and entertainment card.  And part of me wants to close it because I have way too many cards, 24 to be exact.  Or I can ask for a credit line reduction to something small and let it be my son's card.  It has a pretty high credit line and sometimes makes me uneasy when my son is out with it.  Either way, I still have some time to think about it.  Garden strong all!!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 19 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@irunfromcredit wrote:

Happy April!!  Nothing to really report, other than trying to get myself prepared for the mortgage process.  I'm a little overwhelmed but I have some time before I pull the trigger.  April also marks the month I close another card. I closed my QS1 last month and I'm considering closing my marvel card.  I'm kind of torn on it.  It does get used a bit by my teenage son, but that's about it.  Part of me wants to keep it opened because my kid does use it and it's my only 3% dining and entertainment card.  And part of me wants to close it because I have way too many cards, 24 to be exact.  Or I can ask for a credit line reduction to something small and let it be my son's card.  It has a pretty high credit line and sometimes makes me uneasy when my son is out with it.  Either way, I still have some time to think about it.  Garden strong all!!

If your son finds value in the card, but you're not comfortable with the current limit (for him) reduce it. Or add him as an AU and see if you can set a lower limit for him. Idk if this is a feature Synchrony offers but it's worth looking into.

You could use this an opportunity to teach him about credit. Good luck!Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.