Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - April 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - April 2017

I'm new to the forums here and new to gardening! Now that I have a well balanced CC portfolio for my spending and travel habits, I plan to garden until at least 6/1/2018 in efforts to get all three scores above 800! Glad to have this group for support Smiley Happy 

Message 91 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just finished applying for all my cards, and gonna begin my first ever journey into the garden, excited to see where I can go! Endgoal: get my scores all past 720, apply for a high tier visa/mastercard!

Message 92 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, checking in, trying to figure out how to stay here. I know I need to, my seedling needed reset due to an AU account for hubby's Citi D.C. Card being added. I've got too many new things if my own that still aren't reporting. I'm worried about what will happen to my scores when they all show up. I'm preparing myself for the hit and know that it will be for the best in the long run. 
Message 93 of 526
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.

I'm still awfully aggravated on the credit front, but still sitting here in the garden behaving myself.

Somewhere in the next 90 days, the only negative information on DW's credit reports should go away, and we're working on paying down her utilization right now... hopefully see some soft pull CLI's this summer.

...some days, it just isn't worth chewing through the leather straps....

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 94 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

8 month checkup! Still app free! Smiley Very Happy

Message 95 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello garden friends! I am late to the party because I have been having a party of my own. Smiley Happy I got married on Saturday, April 1 and we flew to NOLA today for our honeymoon. I won't be on a lot until I get home next weekend. 

Hope all your financial decisions are good ones and you are making progress towards your financial goals. All is well here. My home flooded and I am getting with a contractor when I return to see what can be done with the insurance settlement. I just added a new roof (before the flood) with zero financing for two years from Home Depot. I asked for an increase in my credit line and was granted so I am very happy about that. 

I have no interest in applying for new credit. That is an amazing thing for me to say! I have spent two years in rebuilding and just going to garden for a couple of years I think then go forward as my goals change.

Best of luck to all of you! See you again soon. 

Congrats ML.

Sorry to hear about your roof.

Message 96 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello garden friends! I am late to the party because I have been having a party of my own. Smiley Happy I got married on Saturday, April 1 and we flew to NOLA today for our honeymoon. I won't be on a lot until I get home next weekend. 

Hope all your financial decisions are good ones and you are making progress towards your financial goals. All is well here. My home flooded and I am getting with a contractor when I return to see what can be done with the insurance settlement. I just added a new roof (before the flood) with zero financing for two years from Home Depot. I asked for an increase in my credit line and was granted so I am very happy about that. 

I have no interest in applying for new credit. That is an amazing thing for me to say! I have spent two years in rebuilding and just going to garden for a couple of years I think then go forward as my goals change.

Best of luck to all of you! See you again soon. 

Congrats ML.

Sorry to hear about your roof.

Thank you, dasingleton!

Message 97 of 526
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

How time flies... I haven't been around for a while, Decided to stop by. Saw the garden thread, and took a quick look at my report. I've been gardening for 1 year and 4 months!  No need to apply for anything new at this time, so I'll let my scores keep growing. 

Last App: 12/2015 CSP

Message 98 of 526
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well after my Penfed debacle, im officially back to the garden as of right now. Its crazy how sometimes you come out of the garden only to have a looksee, and then bam, you want to enjoy everything the outside world has to offerSmiley Wink. I had a little success apart from PF that ill share over in the section that shall not be named but i am putting the fork in it. I need to shut out credit from my mind, GUSFRABA, and just set about to paying down all my cc debt.

Good advice given by my Fico pal Jolt, im gonna let things breathe and let my accounts age and hopefully grow some . Im gonna set a personal goal as of today to not even hit for sp luv on anything. Sorry Disco, almost 6 months in still at 3k, looks like that boat is stuck on the shore. Could go for Amex 3x in July but gonna bench that too. Sync, my limits are good , no poking bears for now.Citi eligble in June or July, nope, chill out babySmiley Wink. Navy would be tempting but ill let that hibernate as well.

I wanna say 2 years as of today, but car might come up sooner so realistically let me shoot for December 2017 first. No cli requests no apps, come on AVJ,you can do itSmiley Happy Cue the WaterboySmiley Happy
Message 99 of 526
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I got some help today with not apping. Broke my left wrist at work because at 45 years old, I forgot how to sit down in an office chair. Smiley Sad Fell and hit my wrist on another metal chair. It was not graceful. It hurt. it still hurts. Going for a cast tomorrow. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 100 of 526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.