Did you mean: 

Garden Club - April 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - April 2017

@tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys and girls.

Sitting here quietly in the garden counting my blessings.  We've got a mortgage and two car payments that are all at 4 point something interest rates... I know that better rates do exist, but we're very satisfied with what we have and where we are. 

We have too many credit cards, and are paying horrendous interest on some of them, so for the moment, we're really focused on reducing balances and maybe paying some of them off completely.  I almost accidentally have fallen into paying OFF one CC every month, and it looks like a very possible goal for the rest of 2017.  We paid off one in March, along with a fixed monthly payment, we payed off one in April, and I can see easily paying off another in May.  We've got another "dragon" that we CAN pay off later this year, and still another that we can pay off early in 2018.

DW and DD were at the University yesterday, selecting classes and getting enrolled.  They found a "scholarship advisor" that they believe can help DD find even MORE scholarships...with a little luck, they'll soon be paying HER to go to school. Smiley Happy

Sometimes, the road is long and patience is hard to find...but we're working on it.

Hope y'all are off to a good start!

You're getting there, tcbo! Slow and steady wins the race. Smiley Happy Hope your daughter can get many scholarships! Many out there go without being awarded due to no applicants or unqualified applicants. Has she looked on fastweb.com? It is a free scholarship matching service. Keyword: free! Any place that charges for scholarship listings or applications is up to no good. Wishing her all the best in finding resources to cover school. Smiley Happy

Message 521 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I not only reached, but I also surpassed my FICO score goal of 720. The new goal is 750. Previous score was 689. Now:

unnamed.jpg

EDIT: Something else I wanted to point out!! JCP credit limit increased from $5k to 10k. I imagine this credit score leap had a little something to do with it.

Big congratulations, inutown! That is awesome! Smiley Happy

Message 522 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys and girls.

Most excellent day at job B yesterday.  Lots of rain here in KC.  No scary weather, just lots of rain showers. 

Here's hoping for another good day today!

Hey again, tcbo. We've had a lot of rain this year too, but it looks like dry, warm weather has finally arrived her in NorCal. It has been in the 80's this weekend! Woohoo! Smiley Very Happy

Message 523 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it count if you have to get student loans for school? Its Federal so I don't think there is a HP

Message 524 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, marieland! Smiley Happy Even though there is no HP, student loans do count. The gardening rules state, "No new tradelines of any type on one's accounts." Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Message 525 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I not only reached, but I also surpassed my FICO score goal of 720. The new goal is 750. Previous score was 689. Now:

unnamed.jpg

EDIT: Something else I wanted to point out!! JCP credit limit increased from $5k to 10k. I imagine this credit score leap had a little something to do with it.

Big congratulations, inutown! That is awesome! Smiley Happy

Thank you!! Smiley Happy 

I am very pleased to see that score lying underneath that high utilization. Now to see what'll happen in the garden. Will gardening bring me past 750? Smiley Tongue

Message 526 of 526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.