Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2015

tag
StrawberryIce
Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2015

Checking in.  Working on my 4th month.  Its tax free weekend here so been out doing the school shopping.  I am pooped now running from store to store.  Put nothing on a credit, all cash, because I'm about that life! LOL

Discharged BK7 2013.
NFCU Flagship 16000, NFCU NRewards 16000, NFCU LOC 15000, QuikSilver 1250, JCrew 5050, Pottery Barn 8170, Walmart 3500, Amazon 3500, Lowes 5000, Kays 4000, PayPal 2000, QVC 2000, Sams Club 5000, Evine 1000, CareCredit 1100, Best Buy Visa 500, HHGregg 1500, Banana Republic 300

Message 71 of 1,370
sterlingrose1
Regular Contributor

Starting month #3 in the garden...happy August! Summer seems so short, time to get the kids ready to start school in a couple weeks. 

Starting FICO: EQ 520 (October, 2013)
FICO 06/2015: EQ 665 | TU 693 | EX 693

Cards: Amex (Costco) $2000 | Amex (Plenti) $8000 | Amex (PenFed) $5000 CapOne Visa Signature $10,000 & $5000 | CapOne Venture $1000 | Home Depot $3000 | Amazon Store $1000 | Amazon Visa $500 | Macy's $1000
Message 72 of 1,370
sterlingrose1
Regular Contributor

Hey everyone, I have an AmEx CLI question. I sifted through other forums but didn't find a clear answer...hope someone here can help. I got two cards approved at the same time, one with a $2000 limit and one with an $8000 limit. Upon receiving the cards, I tried for a CLI on both and was turned down. I'm just about to come up on my 60 day anniversary, and plan to try again. However I have heard you can only apply for one increase at a time. My questions:

1. Would you apply for the CLI on the bigger card or the smaller one? The smaller one is the Costco card. I can see some value in having the limit on that one go up even though the relationship with Costco is ending. Am I crazy?

2. I didn't keep the denial letters but I think they were for too many inquiries. I haven't had any new inquiries since then (been here in the garden!), but obviously all those inquiries are still on my report. Any thoughts on what my chances are at the 60 day mark? 

3. I PIF the larger card and carry a balance on the smaller one, although it will be PIF before I apply for the CLI. Does this make any difference to my chances, do you think?

Appreciate your insights, if you have any.

Starting FICO: EQ 520 (October, 2013)
FICO 06/2015: EQ 665 | TU 693 | EX 693

Cards: Amex (Costco) $2000 | Amex (Plenti) $8000 | Amex (PenFed) $5000 CapOne Visa Signature $10,000 & $5000 | CapOne Venture $1000 | Home Depot $3000 | Amazon Store $1000 | Amazon Visa $500 | Macy's $1000
Message 73 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sterlingrose1 wrote:

Hey everyone, I have an AmEx CLI question. I sifted through other forums but didn't find a clear answer...hope someone here can help. I got two cards approved at the same time, one with a $2000 limit and one with an $8000 limit. Upon receiving the cards, I tried for a CLI on both and was turned down. I'm just about to come up on my 60 day anniversary, and plan to try again. However I have heard you can only apply for one increase at a time. My questions:

1. Would you apply for the CLI on the bigger card or the smaller one? The smaller one is the Costco card. I can see some value in having the limit on that one go up even though the relationship with Costco is ending. Am I crazy?

2. I didn't keep the denial letters but I think they were for too many inquiries. I haven't had any new inquiries since then (been here in the garden!), but obviously all those inquiries are still on my report. Any thoughts on what my chances are at the 60 day mark? 

3. I PIF the larger card and carry a balance on the smaller one, although it will be PIF before I apply for the CLI. Does this make any difference to my chances, do you think?

I have a similar dilemma coming up in October. TE is smaller, BCP is a nice, reasonable limit. Do I request on the smaller TE to get it to an okay size? Or the BCP since it's a known?

However, I think the time to do it if you were denied is at 90 days, not 60 (maybe 91). I'd poke around or let more people chime in before I'd try at 60. 

Message 74 of 1,370
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@HeavenlyFlower - nice car! Smiley Happy

Rainy Saturday night...took the hard drive out of my old 2007 Macbook. Managed to pull some old music out but sadly didn't find what I really wanted. I must've deleted it at some point when I was using the computer. :\

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 75 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

How I hope and WISH for rain Smiley Sad Cali is so dry right now.
Message 76 of 1,370
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sterlingrose1 wrote:

I have a similar dilemma coming up in October. TE is smaller, BCP is a nice, reasonable limit. Do I request on the smaller TE to get it to an okay size? Or the BCP since it's a known?

However, I think the time to do it if you were denied is at 90 days, not 60 (maybe 91). I'd poke around or let more people chime in before I'd try at 60. 

Yes, the date does reset.  However, I would wait for scores to rise.  I opened two Amex cards, and they are spooked by total CLs available.  They did mention (at time) experian score only 736.  They like over 750 for best results.  So I am waiting with them, more history under belt.

EDIT: before I got second card, they did allow cli on BCE.  I only asked for 40% increase though.

Signature needs updating
Message 77 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get my gold spade soon.. Only 5 more months left!
Message 78 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm totally excited, this will be my first full month in the garden 😆 

Message 79 of 1,370
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm totally excited, this will be my first full month in the garden 😆 

Welcome.  Been gardening since 6/1, a first for me (no desire for other cards, though one is business trade line) since my credit scores improved.  Now, for aging, score building, and the rewards it brings.  Good luck on your journey.

Signature needs updating
Message 80 of 1,370
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.