Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2015

tag
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2015

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I did something STUPID last night. I just celebrated 1 month in the Garden yesterday. Last night I found out about PayPal Credit. For some reason I was under the impression that was a SP and not HP. Then I read that even doing a SP on a new line resets the Garden Club. Then a few minutes ago I got an alert that EQ had a new INQ....yup it is a HP. So, here I go, resetting back to day one.

I really didn't need the PPC because I already have the PayPal Extras, but was under the thought the PPC card was going to be a pay later deal only, so I could use it instead. After that, I found out it's either one or the other with PayPal and since I already had the one, that I can't use the new line....talk about a bad night out of the garden! (and alcohol wasn't even involved).

Even if it was going to only be a SP, doesn't opening a new account still kill gardening? It does still ding your AAOA regardless of SP/HP. But I'm not up on all the garden rules lol

opening an account from a SP resets the clock trust me l learned the hard way Smiley Sad

Message 101 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I did something STUPID last night. I just celebrated 1 month in the Garden yesterday. Last night I found out about PayPal Credit. For some reason I was under the impression that was a SP and not HP. Then I read that even doing a SP on a new line resets the Garden Club. Then a few minutes ago I got an alert that EQ had a new INQ....yup it is a HP. So, here I go, resetting back to day one.

I really didn't need the PPC because I already have the PayPal Extras, but was under the thought the PPC card was going to be a pay later deal only, so I could use it instead. After that, I found out it's either one or the other with PayPal and since I already had the one, that I can't use the new line....talk about a bad night out of the garden! (and alcohol wasn't even involved).

Even if it was going to only be a SP, doesn't opening a new account still kill gardening? It does still ding your AAOA regardless of SP/HP. But I'm not up on all the garden rules lol

Yes, I do acknowledge that fact in my message, however I did not realize that a SP resets the Garden Club on a new line until after the fact. My point is, it got worse from there, I ended up with a HP and really can't use this at all since I have the PayPal Extras already.

Message 102 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sparklerd34 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

opening an account from a SP resets the clock trust me l learned the hard way Smiley Sad

Yup, me too! I hope someone reads this and realizes the consequences before it's too late like it was for both of us!

Message 103 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

After responding to a Discover mailer in June and getting an unsatisfactory response (got the card but on bad terms), and receiving a nice AMEX everday (15K opening CL) in May to finance my mother's teeth (paid in full, total credit card balance near zero again), I decided the app game had to end-again.  I electronically signed an opt-out form about a month ago and the mailers have stopped.  I closed an AMEX senior card at the suggestion of an AMEX rep-my Vantage score dropped 30 points but FICO barely budged.  Now I have the TU on the Discover website (679-down from 681 in June).  I have 0% interest on the everday until 8/2016, so I won't apply again until then.  I just have to stay away from HP's on CLI's.  My limit on Discover is only 1K and I have the max interest with only a few months of 0%.  I'm using the card for a few recurring bills and paying it off as soon as I use it.  Hopefully I can get that line up to take advantage of discover deals.  Maybe the interest rate can be reduced after the short 6-month promotion period.  Otherwise fine, total 35K in available credit (up from 10K in January when I applied for the first of my 4 cards this year (CSP, NFCU, AMEX, Discover). Income $50K, 112K owed on a home equity line of credit (prime-0.5%).  No baddies since Sept 2013.  Many problems 2009-2013).  Doing OK now.  One year clean from gambling as of 8/22/15.  Now I have a bronze spade!  Smiley Happy

Message 104 of 1,370
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I do acknowledge that fact in my message, however I did not realize that a SP resets the Garden Club on a new line until after the fact. My point is, it got worse from there, I ended up with a HP and really can't use this at all since I have the PayPal Extras already.

Sorry, I noticed you did mention the SP reset thing already.

So you are just saying it's useless to you, or you are literally not allowed to use it according to Paypal because you have the Extras card?

Message 105 of 1,370
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@Anonymous, we desperately need rain here.  Wish you could send some of it out way.

Take it. I'm so tired of the rain. I forget what the sun looks like. 

Happy Sunday all...doing some cleaning/housework today. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 106 of 1,370
BUN
Established Contributor

@StrawberryIce wrote:

Checking in.  Working on my 4th month.  Its tax free weekend here so been out doing the school shopping.  I am pooped now running from store to store.  Put nothing on a credit, all cash, because I'm about that life! LOL

LOL StrawberryIce!!!Smiley LOL I really giggled aloud!!!

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 107 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought skates! Really the only physical activity I enjoy doing. Exercising at home works but I have to motivate myself to do so. With skating its like yay, time to skate lets do this! Smiley Very Happy 10% off with Discover. Hopefully no cash back hassle this time.
Message 108 of 1,370
happypill
Valued Contributor

The Garden Club was pivotal in helping me stay in the garden for six months through July 16.  I had my gold spade for one day before, as planned, i went on a spree and was successful with my top 4 targets.  I'm back in the garden and will be hanging out here for the next 3-6 months.  This supportive community really helps us reach our goals!

Message 109 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Sorry, I noticed you did mention the SP reset thing already.

So you are just saying it's useless to you, or you are literally not allowed to use it according to Paypal because you have the Extras card?

According to PayPal I cannot have both so my PayPal Extras has to be the default payment method.

PayPal Credit.jpg

Message 110 of 1,370
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.