Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - August 2015

It is a good Monday morning for me! I just bought the 3B monitoring again (though I hate the thought of spending $30, I did it anyway). It was a good investment today, because all of my scores are now over 700! This is super exciting, since I couldn't even get a secured loan a few years ago!

Message 131 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa... y'all exploded yesterday. I wasn't offline all *that* long. Sheesh! Smiley Very Happy

Good Monday morning, y'all!

Message 132 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Morning. I find it hilariously sad that I now have a car yet Im still on the bus to work 🙈 Thought Id at least be able to park at Bart but went to get a monthly parking permit and got put on a waitlist, number 3,896 O.o Tried to get daily permits and NADA for the entire month of August. September is covered though. Smiley Happy Wont kill me to do this another few weeks. Must remain thankful, things could always be worse.

I can't imagine not driving. Where I live in KY, we don't have any public transportation, and walking is out of the question since most people commute between 20-30 miles to work.

Message 133 of 1,370
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Good morning all! 

Checking in from the Admirals Club in PHX. It's so small and cute. It's yet to be renovated in Concourse A. 

Any who, I'll be in SF soon. Enjoy your day all!

Message 134 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Here's my official check-in for the beginning of August.   July had some mild successes (Overstock CLI) and letdowns (AMEX CLI denial).   But these will hopefully make September and October better.   I should be eligible for SP CLIs for Cap One and Citi in September, and AMEX on 10/31.   This just means I need to do more work.   So here's the plan...

1. Bring UTIL down on CU Visa and Discover.   CU Visa is at 38%; Discover is at 26%.    That's more than I'd like either account, but not wholly unreasonable.  I won't be too aggressive in paying down Discover, since it's 0% now.   The CU Visa is at 1.5% APR, but I would like that paid off before it goes up to 11.9%.   I'm hoping for LUV on both accounts, but I won't hold my breath.

2. Zero balances through SD.   Officially in the SD:   Sony Card, Costco TE, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Overstock.   Macy's and Gold Violin will report $0 this month, but aren't officially SDed.

3. Early exclusion?   BK is due to fall off in October.   Perhaps I'll place a call to the CRAs.   TU is probably my best shot.  

4. SP CLIs.   Will try Discover after statement close and will also try Overstock and Gold Violin this month.  

And that's pretty much it!

Is there a 'rule' or guideline on time frame for SP CLI for citi? 

Message 135 of 1,370
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is me waiting on Scupra to come back around and update their car experience

Bahahahaha! Well... Slipped and fell on 0% financing on a 2015 Altima Smiley Very Happy Thank HF

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 136 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet!!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 137 of 1,370
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Well Happy August Fellow GC Members!!! Smiley Happy

All things are working for my good! My overall utilization is under 7% and my AAoA will hit 2 years 10 months this month. Stick to your goals and stay focused! Remember why you started gardening in the first place.  I've been a homeowner going on 7 yrs, so I'm NOT anticipating a major purchase until 2019 (another vehicle). I currently have an Acura MDX that is PAID In Full, and I'm absolutely LOVING not having a carnote!!! Smiley Very Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 138 of 1,370
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Still here.... doing some pruning of the garden this month I think.  or at least augmenting the sock drawer collection!!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 139 of 1,370
codimom
Frequent Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is me waiting on Scupra to come back around and update their car experience

Bahahahaha! Well... Slipped and fell on 0% financing on a 2015 Altima Smiley Very Happy Thank HF

good on ya!  Gotta have some pretty strong numbers to actually qualify for a 0
% deal!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 140 of 1,370
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.